ddec v > ddeciv wiring

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by New Old Mechanic, Jan 2, 2013.

1. New Old Mechanic

New Old Mechanic Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2013
    having a time trying to find wiring diagrams for these trucks . changed out ddec v to ddec iv and having issues with no guages or throttle . I'm sure it's a communication issue between engine ecm & cab control box (s) . We even went so far as to purchase "motor manual wiring manuals" ---- sad expensive mistake. Any help someone might have would be greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Mawk Industries seems to be well regarded for making adaptor harnesses. If there is any way other than that, you might get help here. Most engine swaps are for the same class. i.e a ddecV for another ddecV. They use different setups with plugs and even equipment like the gauges to go to a different computer.

4. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    i put a ddc v on my ddc III with no issues or adapters

5. megastang

megastang Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    having a time trying to find wiring diagrams for these trucks . changed out ddec v to ddec iv and having issues with no guages or throttle . I'm sure it's a communication issue between engine ecm & cab control box (s) . We even went so far as to purchase "motor manual wiring manuals" ---- sad expensive mistake. Any help someone might have would be greatly appreciated

Is it already converted? you could just reprogram the ddecV. If you try to swap out to a ddecIII you will pretty much have to switch every sensor to the old style. And the guys that i know of who did that all switched heads because the injectors are different. Reprogramming the ddecV would keep you from having to do all that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.