Dealing With A Sore Tailbone Question.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hculiver, Jul 11, 2012.

1. hculiver

hculiver Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2011
    TEXAS
    Im Going To Be Driving OTR Soon So Does/Has Anyone Had A Sore Tailbone Or Knows To Deal With A Sore Tailbone?..... Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TRKRSHONEY

TRKRSHONEY Heavy Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Knoxville, TN

I've never had that problem but those I know who have use some sort of 'donut' or contoured cushion to sit on.

4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    dont let people kick you in the tail, but seriously did someone tell you that would be a problem???

working on my 33rd year and i have never had had a sore tailbone, and i have been screwed many times in these 33 years

Badcable Thanks this.
  5. hculiver

Dec 26, 2011
    TEXAS
    No Sir, I Currently Have One and I Dont Want It To Become A Problem.

6. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I'm going to make the assumtion that you may be prone to lower back pain.. :biggrin_2556:

The key is to set the seat up well for yourself. For me, I have the seat set tall, like a dinner table chair, my left leg at an almost 90 degree angle. The other thing that helped alot was to set the chair to rock with the bumps (switch on the side normally). I feel like I'm driving a lazyboy.....:biggrin_25519:

Sore booty itself? Never happened.:biggrin_25519:

7. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest

Hubby rolled our 3 wheeler, and broke his. We tried the doughnut that you sit on, and that didn't work. He just basically suffered through it. But you will have times that it's going to bother you. I know, its not what you wanted to hear, but its true.

Maybe roll a towel in a circle and sit on that. The doughnut about bounced him out of the seat. So it was quickly off the truck.

hculiver Thanks this.
  8. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I had a fractured back at the L4 level and that was almost impossible to get relief if I had to move. The ice and heat help a bit but time was the best. If the doctor says it's ok to drive then any cushion would be a plus. But he if says to rest then believe me he knows what he's talking about and be ready for pain, real pain at the 10 level. . Be sure to talk with him and explain what you'll be doing. In the mean time the Ice and Heat is a good trick. 20 minutes on each one then take it off for awahile. Good luck.

hculiver and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  9. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Take some time off if you can, seriously. My niece (she's only 15) broke hers about 6 months ago. She is a dancer, and didn't take the time to let it heal properly. Now she in horrible pain. Dr's said she could do permanent ligament and cartilage damage is she doesn't take time to let it heal. Apparently it can put your hips out of alignment big time.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  10. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    You might try getting a cushion for the seat. You can find them at Target, Walmart, etc., Ibuprophen also helps with the inflamation and it won't affect your driving or drug testing. Taking 4-200mg tablets is the same as a prescription dose.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  11. hculiver

Dec 26, 2011
    TEXAS
    No I Don't Have Any Lower Back Issues, Its Just This Tailbone That's Been Giving Me Some Issues. Thanks For The Tip.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.