Dear Prudence

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I remember one time when I was a scrony kid in school, I was bullied. I went around & gathered up a few of my friends and we cornered him up like a rat in a corn crib & we beat the crap of of him at next recess.

I never had to go to therapy.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Lots of us don’t think about the long term consequences of our actions when we were kids .

but it must have been some major damage

and took some major efforts to get the kids to know or care about what happened 30 years ago.

and we wonder why the news headlines for the last 150 years is “trouble in the Middle East “

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    From what I've read, most serial killers were bullied in school.
    ~
    Thomas Pitera - Wikipedia
    [​IMG]
    ~
    Richard Kuklinski - Wikipedia
    Killed estimated 200 men; some for money and some for funsies.
    [​IMG]
    ~
    and dozens more with a history of being bullied in school, at home, in the neighborhood.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  5. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    So true.

I wonder if this mother who was bullied back in school, is giving any consideration to her actions now.

No she shouldn't have been bullied back then.

But IMO what she is doing now, is also wrong.

And what sort of example is she being for her own children?

Its all wrong, and none of it should have happened.

But when is enough, enough?
    Hopefully cooler heads prevail soon, and the whole thing can be put to rest.
    I was bullied in school, my little sister was tremendously bullied. Way back when I was only 15, I knocked out the guy who was bullying my little sister. But now at age 31, I would no longer be out to destroy his life, or especially his kids lives, if he has kids now. I dealt with it at the time.
    The school suspended me for my actions, and it was then done. No, we would never become good friends, but we are adults now, so let it go, and become history.
    But I also still don't think that the mother who bullied others back in the day, should expect to get away with it all, without consequence, be it 2 weeks, or 2 decades later.
    Bullies should realize that someday, in someway, karma is going to catch up with them.
    Another boy I went to school with, who was a bully, ended up killing someone as an adult, and is now in prison.
    I know his younger brother, and he was always bullied by his older brother. The younger one is now a very nice man, is married to a good woman, they have 2 kids, and made a nice life for themselves.
    I've wondered many times if the older one is sitting in prison, now regretting his poor choices, or if he is still just a bully, and only cares about himself.

6. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

Spooky!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.