deboer weight limits

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by travelfraggle, Feb 4, 2008.

1. travelfraggle

travelfraggle Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Atlanta,Ga.
    At least they told u up front. but the real funny thing is two weeks later another physical passed with flying colors my bmi was right at 40 they even had a FREE health screening out side of the dot phy. and gave healthy eating tips and booklets out for drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    they wouldn't have had I not read this post and asked them about it

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    One day they will probably have a box you have to walk through like they have at the airport for your bags. And if you can't fit through it, then you get paid less per mile due to increased risk. Of coarse the box will be shaped like a stick figure so just about everyone will get lowered pay.:yes2557:

5. HOLDYOURGROUND

HOLDYOURGROUND Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Hwy, USA
    Been their and done it... It was a nasty bunk house in TX Cana. U mite have caught something, be thankful they were looking out 4 u!

6. bgdude88

bgdude88 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    La Crescent, MN
    The BMI thing is kind of moot. Mine is real high, but I am a body builder and my body fat percentage is real low, but would still be considered obese by their standards. Would pass the physical though with flying colors!

7. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I'm not stout by any means. I'm 6' and 185. About 4 years ago I was getting my DOT physical and the doc told me to lose 20 pounds.:biggrin_25523:

8. flybynite

flybynite Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Gresham, Oregon
    I would like to know what their office staff looks like. I've seen a lot of over weight, out of shape, got to have my smoke break every 15 minutes, toes what are those, can't bend over, where's nearest buffet, fast food vacums, people that work in the office, and this includes safety supervisors, and company supervisors. Let me also include this, I've also worked for a company that brags about their safety record, but their staff goes to nearest drinking establishment to pour down a couple of beers or ####tails for lunch. They wink and blame it on the stress of the job. Then they drive back to work, good freakin example. If I have one beer, I don't drive plain and simple, I value my CDL, and value the family that is also out there on the road.

This company would not hire me. I would fail their BMI test. I'm 6 foot, at 280 lbs. I lift weights, I run, I walk, I go to my own doctor, I overcame high sugar levels, and I'm in good health. I probably could out work, and out perform many of your normal office people. Oh by the way, I can get up and down from a trailer with no steps, I've had to do this whan I had a city route, P&D, for a the ltl company I work for.

Thank You, that's just my 3 and half cents worth.:naka:

9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I have found the safety programs at all 4 of the OTR company's I worked at to be nothing more then mostly talk and behind covering.

If I did not have a nice set of tools and interest in self preservation I am not sure I would still be around to drive a truck.

Reports from friends of mine that work at different company's that I have kept in touch with seem to suggest that fuel, insurance, economics and profit have made many get even worse in the area of safety even though they claim how great they are. Lots of cutting corners and delaying repairs going on out there.

10. HOLDYOURGROUND

HOLDYOURGROUND Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Hwy, USA
    Im sure their is something else besides weight issue here, they just didnt come clean. I can remember sitting in blenker and a newbie the size of a house was waiting to see safety, he cut a corner in houston and also the front end of a wheeler. This driver was big... had just started after a failed attemp at CR england, go figure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.