Decent company..some people ehhh!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Oldtrucker1973, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    You don't know me or my experience. I evaluate a store based on it's merits and do not disrespect my fellow truckers by assuming everything said is a lie.

If you had more experience with the mega-crap you would know that there is a current trend of profiling driver activities unrelated to the job in order to reduce the fleet during slow periods of the year. It is that time of the year, and mega-crap does not have the frieght to keep drivers employed.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Would you? And they would throw you out on your behind for destroying company property.

Hitman Thanks this.
  4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

*Snipped*

Your inexperience shows in your posts.

5. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    I always read those posts with a lot of skepticism as we are only hearing one side of the story and it is written to place the poster in the best possible light.

JBS has nothing in common with JB Hunt that I know of (other than 2 letters of the alphabet).

The cameras that look at drivers will activate after a hard braking event recording the last 10-15 seconds, which is probably how those other drivers were caught cussing out the 4-wheelers. It’s beyond belief that any company would spend money on an employee to do nothing but sit in an office activating cameras in truck cabs just in case they could find something wrong. Just like it is beyond belief that any company would look for reasons to just fire drivers for no reason as they need drivers if they want to get freight moved.

Just another sour grapes post from a one post wonder that is mad they lost their job after getting in an accident IMO. Even the poster acknowledged that some drivers are not dismissed for “the same offense” so there is probably a lot more to the story then we will ever hear here.

Hitman, Dinomite, truckon and 3 others Thank this.
  6. martee99

martee99 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Kentucky
    Really!?! Did you confirm this "reliable source" by talking to any of the three drivers that you know of?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Dinomite Thanks this.
  7. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    really in 20 plus years you never heard of JBS carriers what remote corner of the southeast are you hidden in?

Joetro, joseph1135 and sevenmph Thank this.
  8. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Some people are so just don't understand.

Truckers are forced out this time of year because there is a lack of freight after the Christmas boom. If the company can 'find a reason' to let the driver go they can avoid paying them unemployment. They will clock the DAC for good measure.

Do you think for a second any one of these companies would slow down the hiring, training, recruiting machine. That would inconvenience the office staff. Those salary paid slugs need to appear to be doing something in order to extort money from a truckers work. Recruiting, safety, driver services, and the like are not going to be laid off! That middle management office staff is a effective union of its own. They run the company while the boss is off playing with his.

Since they always have the option of blaming a driver for their mistakes, looking busy is there only job they take seriously. I have no doubt that one of these office culls would 'use' company time' to look in on a driver. Several of these companies pay office staff to run down the road and make videos of their drivers driving. How is that any different?
    How is that not a waste of time fishing for trouble? How is that even safe with a video camera in one hand, in heavy traffic, following closely behind a truck? It is done all the time!

9. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I believe this is the same guy who keeps making other bad post about JBS with different names. I have been here almost 4 years. I've had a camera in my truck since Saturday, and even when some clown truck driver came in my lane and I had to ride the rumble strips. The camera didn't record. Even when I was going through the toll booths and they have the rumble strips the camera didn't record. I guess you really have to do some crazy maneuver to get that thing to record. Also if after the fact you are still road raging for something that is done a dozen times a day. I'm sure it's in the best interest of the company to get rid of the driver. They can let go of people for no reason whatsoever. Good companies are known to get rid of dead weight. Also since JBS Carriers is a Under the Umbrella of JBS meat plants I'm sure if they needed more freight they can get it.

truckon and Milkman719 Thank this.
  10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

The camera didn't record. Even when I was going through the toll booths and they have the rumble strips the camera didn't record :yes2557: Better get that camera repaired the 1 we are testing ( behalf of the insurance co ) goes active with rumble strips

11. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    I looked them up and still don't know who they are. I need to get out more. I see they offer $1,000 referral bonus. You must've really did something bad to make them mad unless they are downsizing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.