decker truck line

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lerenzo, Jul 2, 2015.

1. texashounddog

texashounddog Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2013
    They tweeked numbers to make it look profitable. It was a bad decision on my part I knew better and was warned but I'm really looking for info on decker Trans am. Basically lowered fuel cost and made the surcharge higher to make it look like you'd make so much more. I should have caught it but I didn't. No one to blame but me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    All I can say about decker is never once seen a polite or happy decker driver that's as far as I know there drivers are dicks but maybe I just seen them on bad days.Always look ready to just snap.
    As far as the company itself have no idea about them.

4. IA Sooner

IA Sooner Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Ames, Iowa
    The orientation will last until Friday mk morning. The orientation people are good, the rest, well I will let you make your own opinion. I have been here 2 months, and I am lied to a lot. Payroll seems to forget to pay the extras like stop pay. Mr. Decker just sacked a bunch of people so hopefully things will change.

5. IA Sooner

Mar 30, 2013
    Ames, Iowa
    Also no pets, but you can have riders. If you run out of Dirty Dodge you will run from Cheyenne east, and reefers haul a lot of Tyson, and go to Texas a lot

6. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    What did they lie to you about?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  7. IA Sooner

Mar 30, 2013
    Ames, Iowa
    The amount of miles weekly, the extra pay for, as in they changed the criteria on how to get it, and there are certain people you deal with, that I don't believe a word they say.

8. Sneakerfix

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    Got it give it more time on the miles it's only been two months Are you late often? Have you spoken or asked for a new dispatcher.

9. IA Sooner

Mar 30, 2013
    Ames, Iowa
    I'm the one they call when they want it early, problem is the loads have no miles on them, and the load planner in the Chicago area needs to go

10. Sneakerfix

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
  11. texashounddog

texashounddog Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Well I only will have three months recent experience when I get to decker. My mistake was leasing where I am. So I am moving on to do company elsewhere. I do understand that a couple months isn't enough time to judge a company on miles. Everyone has to prove themselves and prove reliable. To start getting miles. No live in Texas so allot ofvtexas runs sounds good to me. But does the company run you all 48 as reefer. I understood that as reefer is be mainly mid west. I really don't care either way. Do they run the training trucks like a team truck how does that work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.