Decker Truck Line

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Teion, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    I decided to give decker a try since I haven't heard much about them. Talked to a few drivers before I came. They pretty much had good things to say. As time goes on I will post more. I have completed one load 840 plus miles on it. Now I'm home for a doctor appointment. Will be rolling again Thursday morning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Subscribed

jeff18 and Teion Thank this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
  5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    flat bed or reefer ?

6. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Reefer

7. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm in keep us posted.

Teion and motocross25 Thank this.
  8. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Well I got the truck packed and ready to go. Waiting on dispatch now. Trying to get out the area before Harvey hits.

Smut, Vic Firth and Puppage Thank this.
  9. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Was dispatched a little after 1300 to pick up in Houston for a 1500 appt. Being dedicated to Tyson I already know how they operate. So it could be a hit or miss. Before I jumped on i10 I heard on the cb that west bound into beaumont was starting to back up. So I took 73 all the way into Winnie. Was a smooth ride from there.

I get to my pu and and behold load not ready. Which I already knew that was going to happen. So I grab the mty off the lot and have to take it to get washed out. I got to get use to the way decker operate. They want you to call in before you get a wash out. Get a approve washout location which took the guys 30 mins to wash it out. But I take that then having to wait at the blue beacon at the loves that's always busy. I get back to the plant and the same two trucks are still in the dock. No sign of Tyson hurrying up either. I was hoping to be miles away from Houston to miss the rain and wind that's coming. Might be driving right through it.

This load is going olathe,ks. Hoping it's a drop cause that plant is also slow with live loads and unloads. This trip paying me 701 loaded miles.

10. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    Finally got my bills after 2330. Dentention whats that ? Any how just stayed there at tyson until my 10 was up. No since to start my clock with only 3hrs on the 14. Woke up about 0230 and hit the road about 0330. Ran into stop and go traffic in dallas so that slowed me down. Im now taking my 30 mins in Oklahoma at the rest area. Once that's done going to push to hit 600 miles today. That way i have 100 or less miles to do tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Then you get to do another wash-out when empty ....get that chicken smell out of there, right ? Not to mention some blood/guts/nuggets and stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.