Dedicated Runs

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by doglover44, Jan 16, 2016.

1. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Then why are you asking since you obviously know so much about it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Torch139

Torch139 Bobtail Member

Because more knowledge is good!

4. 8thnote

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
  5. Torch139

Torch139 Bobtail Member

I agree 8thnote....I was simply asking about why so many on here were saying disparaging things about Dollar General, not Family Dollar....I have seen the videos of unloading at Family Dollar to include putting the roller system together, handling every piece of freight by hand, etc. So I totally understand the feelings of the Family Dollar accounts....I am looking at a Dollar General account and from the videos I have seen on that one, it is not nearly as difficult...true it involves getting out of the driver's seat and doing some work...but I am okay with that. In fact, most of us could use the exercise. The pay, if I am figuring it correctly from what I have been told, seems to be decent too...especially for someone like me who is just starting out in the profession at the ripe age of 55 :) ...so...I was asking why all the negativity about the "Dollar General" dedicated routes.....because I liked what I have seen to this point.....

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  6. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    I'm looking at starting trucking this summer. I'm a 57 yo woman who used to do bodybuilding but quit a few years ago. I've gotten out of shape and have been very sedentary. I really want to get back into shape. Thinking one of these routes might be right for me. I want to do trucking AND I want to get back into shape.

7. 8thnote

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I've never worked for US X. Nor have I ever done any type of dollar account. I just know that companies are always struggling to keep those positions filled. New guys don't ever do it for long and you will never see an experienced driver in any of those accounts. You have to ask yourself why if the pay is as great as they make it out to be. Go to Craigslist in any city and you will see multiple US X ads for these accounts. Why?

8. JJDrivesOTR

JJDrivesOTR Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Target Stores is one of their accounts

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.