Deff pump problem on 2011 Volvo D13

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by aunimni, Apr 15, 2021.

1. aunimni

aunimni Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Still waiting on your answer buddy!?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aunimni

aunimni Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Where is the location of def return valve!?!?

4. Rob100100

Rob100100 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    did you take it to a volvo shop or a good 2nd party shop yet
    Code is as followsFMI5•Currentbelownormaloropencircuit•Opencircuit•MILilluminated•Notpossibletoperformafterrun•Faultyharness•Faultyconnector•AftertreatmentDEFpumpassemblyfailureFMI7•Mechanicalsystemnotrespondingoroutofadjustment•Possiblemechanicalproblemwithaftertreatmentdieselexhaustfluid(DEF)returnvalve•MILilluminated•Notpossibletoperformafterrun•Mechanicalfault–DEFreturnlinerestrictedbetweenDEFpumpandDEFtank•AftertreatmentDieselExhaustFluid(DEF)pumpassembly

See https://class8truckparts.com/media/file/volvo-truck-diagnostic-codes.pdf

A good link your codes are on page 71

It could be many things, and you need someone with the knowledge to figure this out. It might be several reasons or just one. I would bet on somewhere in the acm wiring harness it has greened in some connection but that is just a guess. And it is a guess.

aunimni Thanks this.
  5. aunimni

aunimni Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    the pump that we put in was after market one Bosch. Maybe we got bad pump. Who knows. For the past 2 years still same issue. Truck doing parking Regan every 5.000 - 10.000 miles. Still have SPN 4376 fmi 5. Anybody out there with same issue or fix for this problem!?

6. aunimni

aunimni Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    I forget add that truck use very little def fluid and soot level is very good. I clean dpf filter last summer. Never took to shop for reset parameters for dpf.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.