Define leaving the scene

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by wore out, Jun 29, 2014.

1. FairPlayLLC

FairPlayLLC Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2014
    This is untrue... They can confiscate the Memory Card if they believe it holds evidence... however: until you TELL them you have a camera, they'd never know... it's like a concealed handgun... don't show it unless you need to use it... the GoPro is a whopping 2" cube... fits right into my shirt pocket... IF you need to contradict the "he said, she said" syndrome AND you were in the right, then that camera is your best friend... believe me, I know this from experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. One_tooth_wonder

One_tooth_wonder Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Cleveland, TX
    I would have split. Your truck wasn't involved, much less, even moving at the time of the pickup driver's accident.

4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Well I could take being on the run no longer. Being a fugative is not a life I could live. So I call the small town PD and confess my sins, a nice lady takes my info and says some one will be back in touch. Just got off the phone with the officer in charge he assured me I done the right thing by Missouri law and by the situation. When the guy that was backed into told the officer that the assailant (not sure what that is) hit the grill of my truck along with other obvious clues the officer picked up a search of his vehicle led Police to 5 lbs of crystal methamphetamine and 25000.00 in cash. Apparently he was to hopped up to do the smart thing and say look dude here some cash lets forget this ever happened.

w.h.o, tsavory, skellr and 3 others Thank this.
  5. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Wow, you coulda done some serious cowmobiling and chrome shopping if youda just stayed there and kicked his ### and took all his belongings. :lol:

Alaska76 Thanks this.
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Did I hear someone say ch ch chr chome? Lol I can't imagine riding around with 25 grand and calling the po po over some little ol fender bender. I would like to thank everyone who offered me refuge from the law good to know I got pals

d o g and bergy Thank this.
  7. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    Good to hear it all worked out well for you, and good to hear they got another meth dealer off the street!

Had to laugh at that! :biggrin_2559:

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    So THAT was the sticky wicket, he was hepped up on goofballs. Should have known, normal people don't go around punching stuff. Assailant : noun, a person who physically attacks another.:violent1:

wore out Thanks this.
  9. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Wait a minute...he PUNCHED& Dented YOUR GRILL& You left? #### the witness thing....im stay in till he pony's up for the damage he did to MY ride....guarandamn tee you done better n I would done.....

10. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Best Story Ever!!!!!!

wore out Thanks this.
  11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I had a similar situation happen when I was on dumb and dumber at Stevens. Well except for the grill punch.

My partner and I were making a delivery in Toronto. We came up to a narrow side street that led to our delivery. A lifted pickup was out a little too far and we realized we couldn't turn left.

It was a traffic signal so we figured we'd wait for the change and turn when we got the green and the road was clear.

The pickup driver realized we couldn't turn because of him so he decided to be courteous and back up. He backed up alright, right up onto the hood of the little Corolla behind him.

Unfortunately we still couldn't make the turn without hitting him so we were stuck. So I turned on the 4 ways and my partner went to flag the drivers behind us around.

The Toronto PD showed up pretty quick along with a wrecker truck.

Before too long the lifted pickup was gone, along with the Corolla on the back of the wrecker.

I guess the pickup driver accepted the blame because the police didn't come ask us for our statements.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.