define unreasonable ...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by HFC, Jul 19, 2011.

1. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

LMAO!!! :biggrin_2559: Swift! I love how their company name says the OPPOSITE of what they really are. The trucks aren't "swift" by any means and neither are the drivers! [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Easy, Minivans.

Since almost everybody is governing their trucks now, Swift isn't the slowest one on the road.

I_HATE_MINIVANS Thanks this.
  4. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Amazing. Some of you guys try to gobble up 6,000 calories in one greasy meal and wonder why places won't let drivers use their bathroom? Geez, it's no wonder there's human(?) crap splattered on the walls in the truck stop bathrooms...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  5. I_HATE_MINIVANS

Anybody who splatters #### on the toilet seat (or anywhere OTHER than INSIDE the toilet bowl) should be dragged by his ear to his mother's house so she can teach him what she obviously failed to teach him to do properly when he was a toddler!! Maybe he needs a refresher course. :biggrin_25516:

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Driver, "But I'm still hungry, and the sign says ALL YOU CAN EAT."

Manager, "Yeah, but you see, I'm the manager here, and I'm bigger than you, besides I've got these six goons here to back me up. And I SAY THAT IS ALL YOU CAN EAT!"

See, that way the sign doesn't really lie. It IS all you can eat. . .:biggrin_2559:

I_HATE_MINIVANS Thanks this.
  7. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    How about "all we're going to let you eat".

I'd use that in my ficticious restaurant.

8. I_HATE_MINIVANS

In my imaginary restaurant, there will be just a regular "All you can eat" policy but the door to the building will only be 18" wide. :biggrin_2559:

Maybe put the buffet on an elevated platform so you have to climb up 5 or 6 stairs to get to it.

Site the location on a hill, so the parking lot is 20 feet lower elevation than the building so the blubber-butts will be too lazy to bother with all those stairs. Make the wheelchair ramp like half a mile long, zig-zagging back and forth at only a 1% incline so it's too far for "Comic Book Store Guy" to waddle.

Make the vinyl booth seat cushion liners totally airtight, except with a pressure relief valve from an air compressor attached so once it reaches a certain pressure, it lets air out through a whoopi cushion hidden under the bench so it makes an embarrassing fart sound every time they plop themselves down on it, but doesn't do it when people under 250 lbs sits down.

Put slightly convex mirrors around the buffet so people appear wider than normal, but have curtains your employees can keep closed, covering the mirrors when there are no 400 pounders in there so it doesn't scare away ALL of your customers.

When the wide loads waddle in through the door, put an "out of order" sign on the diet pepsi/coke fountains.

Have your employees rehearse little fake conversations after hours, so when there's a beached whale cleaning out your entire inventory of fried shrimp, two of your employees can stand within eavesdropping distance of Shamu and talk about their "uncle Jim-bob" who had 5 heart attacks and is diabetic and his doctors say it was because he ate too much fried food and didn't get enough exercise.

Some blubber-butts are too big to fit in a booth, so have your chairs made out of spring steel so they flex when a heavy enough person plops down and scares the crap out of them, but won't collapse and cause a lawsuit.

JoeyJunk and Freebird135 Thank this.
  9. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Overheard from two buffet line workers...

"Did you get rid of all the meat like the boss told you?"

"Ummm..no?"

"DUDE, we have to get rid of the evidence before the police show up, or we'll be nailed for 'murder by bad food' by the cops!"

10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    You got to watch the guy that shows up for the all you can eat carrying a blanket and pillow.

As long as you are there is the rules, right?

Freebird135 Thanks this.
  11. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    lol if you only make the door 18 inches wide they will be able to squeeze in.......then after eating 6,000 calories worth of general tzos chicken they will never be able to get out!! what a disaster that would be

and i can see some 500 pounder filing a lawsuit about the steps going up to the buffett platform......they would win and you would be required to build an elevator

or hell they would just pull up a chair to the buffett

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.