Deleted truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Southtxdriver, Dec 12, 2020.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    1,000 miles for instate locals..
    5,000 miles for long haul..
    Last I heard.

I don't know if that's changed lately or if enforced.. I've been home now almost 5 years.

spindrift Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Veteran

The Veteran Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Did that person actually live in California or just came into the state?

4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Ran into a guy that runs a 389 with a E model Cat to Cali all the time. He says he absolutely won't stop for a CARB officer and that CaDOT doesn't care about the emissions stuff.

We don't run Cali and I have a 02 truck, so I have no way verify any of that.

Dale thompson, bzinger and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I've heard they have a very low number of these "Carb" officers, 5 in fact, for the whole state, and when they do work it's 8-5, this info is from an owner op friend living in Cali and he's a pretty reliable source of information, not a BS'er. I wouldn't stop for them either. With an 09 I'm good til 2023 and would still run there after that as I have no intention on getting rid of it.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    DOT doesn't enforce CARB regulations...... and ive heard the same thing about a limited amount of Carb officers.....

Dale thompson and bzinger Thank this.
  7. Michael 247

Michael 247 Heavy Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Dublin Va
    I was told they drive Green Cars or Van's and sit on ramps and in rest areas ...

8. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    They have no power to pull you over though.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    They may not, but the usual MO is for them to be accompanied by Highway Patrol who most certainly does.

bzinger, nikmirbre and Dale thompson Thank this.
  10. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    The following is an email I received from California.

Good afternoon,
    Thank you for reaching out to the 866Deisel email.
    The compliance option currently available would be the Low Use Exemption, allowing under 1,000 miles in California per calendar year. If you are interested in this option you will need to create a reporting account, if you do not already have one, and report the vehicle information here: <TRUCRS reporting system>. You will then need to email the Late Reporting Acknowledgment form (https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents/LowAcknowledgementStatement.pdf) along with 3rd party documentation, such as IFTA or IRP records, showing that the vehicle has been low mileage in California, to TRCURS@arb.ca.gov.
    The Agricultural Vehicle Extension is no longer open for new opt-in's.

Please be aware that, in addition to Truck and Bus, diesel vehicles being operated in California must comply with many other regulations and different programs by several different agencies. Information on all of CARB’s Diesel Enforcement Programs can be found online at: https://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/diesel.htm

If you have further questions or concerns, please call us toll free at 866-6Diesel (1-866-634-3735), email us, or visit: www.arb.ca.gov/truckstop

The responses provided by 8666Diesel@arb.ca.gov in this email are based on the fleet information provided by the emailer. If the fleet information provided is incomplete or inaccurate it may affect the accuracy of these responses.

Have a nice day,

Carolyn S.

Mobile Source Compliance & Outreach Staff

California Air Resources Board

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @xsetra Is that option different from the 3 day pass?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.