Deliver issues with jb hunt

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Djrhis, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Djrhis

Djrhis Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Just wondering .. I had a load with jb hunt that I picked up on time and made it to delivery on time but they gave me the wrong address 3 times which left me circling New York . The receiver was using a different address to recieve the shipment which was in a residential neighborhood where it was illegal to drive a semi through. This is my dilemma. I called and emailed jbhunt on the issues and they were not responding. So I went home and held the load which screwed me from other loads . Now I have told them I’m willing to take the load back to the shipper and we can just call it quits because I have lost over $600 in tolls and fuel already ... they are demanding I take the load back to New York and they are not willing to pay me for another trip back to a imaginary address that isn’t even valid or legal for me to be taking a semi... kinda lost on what to do next

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Why not post the address here?

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Doubtful that you’re the first truck to that address. What does the customer say? I’m sure there is a way to get to the address, may even have to drive past a few houses. I’m sure they are used to it. I deliver 16’ wide by 100’ long loads to the back of a neighborhood all the time. They built the factory and then the houses came later as town expanded.

5. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    If I had a dollar for every time I delivered some where in a no trucks zone I could buy pizza and beer for the whole forum....

where is home? I would of been trying every number possible demanding to get ahold of someone before I went too far out of the way, did you call the customer?

650cat425 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Don't know about NYC. But locally, you can be off the truck route, if you have a delivery on the non truck route, or the only way to your destination is that street.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.