Delphi radio issues

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Rooster1291979, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I bought a new radio for the truck. It's the delphi bluetooth with sxm. I have it paired to my phone and it works well.

However, when I turn off the truck and turn it back on it reverts the source back to weather at the same volume as I was using on bluetooth. Start the truck and it's just a wall of static 90% of the time.

How do I keep it on bluetooth?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Mine does that too. I also have the Delphi. I'm pretty sure that's normal.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I doubt you could have an option to default to Bluetooth source. But have you ever used a source other than Bluetooth or Wx? Defaulting to Wx doesn't seem right unless that was the last tuner source used. Does it have a continuous power supplied where it should? Does the clock retain the correct time?

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Get rid of that radio and put a Kenwood or pioneer in, Delphi just makes big money because they label themselves "semi radios" emphasis on semi, overpriced, 15 years behind the times on features.

6. Ahunter

Ahunter Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2020
    I have a 2015 Peterbilt 579 Delphi radio , it will power on but after 5 seconds it will power itself off I bought another radio thinking it was the radio but the new one doing it to , can someone help me with this problem

7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    If a brand new radio is doing the same thing, you probably have a short or ground issue somewhere, can't help beyond that, if you can verify that mempower and key power are clean, it may be that your speaker wires are backfeeding into the power loop somewhere

8. fpheavyhaul

fpheavyhaul Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2016
    decatur,texas
    I have a issue with mine I can’t get it to go to channel 0 so guessin mines broke. It’s on a 2017 peterbilt 579

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.