Delta Express/Carolina Logistics

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ruger2016, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Ruger2016

Ruger2016 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2017
    There are a few "Carolinas." Most of the drivers that I have meet who work the Carolina side are foreign, mostly Ukranian, same as all dispatch, most mechanics, and office staff. There is the occasional "American" like the Ops Manager, which is why I just can't figure it out.
    How does/did smuck get his job as Ops Manager at a, buy and large, Ukranian company.

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    No that’s Carolina cargo there different companies

johnhardin and BoostedTeg Thank this.
  4. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Nearly everything you've described is par for the course in the leasing world. Most every company that utilizes lease operators is profiting of our backs. Common knowledge. You did a great job of breaking down all their "hidden" charges. Keep doing what you're doing and using these parasite places as stepping stones to achieving your goal of running your own numbers. That's all they're good for anyway.

Ruger2016 and Big brother trucker Thank this.
  5. Ruger2016

Ruger2016 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2017
    UPDATE/Additional Info:

Delta does not have contracts to move refrigerated loads. All loads are booked through brokers. There is an internal list of Brokers Delta cannot or will not book loads with.
    Reasons given to us from brokers include:
    Past poor performance
    Load abandonment
    Low/poor safety score
    Insurance claims

As I briefly mentioned, we are getting feedback from brokers to jump ship as Delta's reputation is fading fast. Day 2 of sitting in central North Carolina with no loads. I call broker and we are getting told no, we won't work with Delta.
    Second problem is our dispatch is calling us about options but the loads have 250/300 plus miles of deadhead. We are not in North Dakota! We are sitting in Central North Carolina!!!!!

We are now really seeing and feeling the signs that it might be time to go.

Some of the Broker businesses we don't like to use but in a pinch to move to a better freight area, we use them. Now, we can't use Coyote.

FYI only

Rico18 Thanks this.
  6. Big brother trucker

Big brother trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Would you recommend using their plates and having them do the 2290 or do it myself?

7. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
  8. Ruger2016

Ruger2016 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Good question.

As far as plates. We used their plates. Some O/O have their own. Some O/O had their own plates and Delta mandated the O/O had to use Delta's. If you are considering Delta, talk to a recruiter about this issue, Jeff or Josiah (manager).

2290. We had the trucks before we leased on with Delta so we paid the 2290. However, when renewal came back in June, they gave us the option of paying or letting Delta take care of it and then they take it out of settlements until paid.
    Being on the road, we opted to let them handle it. No fee was charged for this this service.

To clarify, to my knowledge, Delta does not lease trucks to O/O. You must have your own power unit to become a contractor with Delta.

Fuel tax- $100 fee per quarter to do state fuel tax, mandatory that they do this.

As a previous Lease Operator with Swift, I never owed money for fuel tax. Oddly enough, Fueling the same technique with Delta, I now pay $300-$500 per quarter in fuel tax, per truck.

Accounting is very confusing as nothing is very clear and forget about getting a clear and concise explanation, policy, or receipt.

If you are seriously considering Delta, message me so I can get your contact info.

9. Big brother trucker

Big brother trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Could you message me I cannot find the tab for it.

10. Desertdemon

Desertdemon Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Are you from tucson az I believe we have talked before

11. Ruger2016

Ruger2016 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2017
    We now have our own operating authority. Thanks for reading.

Rico18 and Fuzzy monkey Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.