Dennys is still open.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    A lot of ta/Petros are closing their dining restaurants and there are rumors they will be gone in 2 years and replaced with fast food. But the Dennys at most flying js are still open. I can’t remember the last I saw closed , not sure why this is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland

It sad, it has become all about money. They want you in and out, so they can overcharge the next driver.... Take a look at Pilot, most of them are very small, not much truck parking and a fast food restaurant.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Denny's food is so bad even the the virus stays away...

5. ronjeremyjr

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    Is iron skillet and country pride really that much better?. From the last time I ate at any of them there’s not much to distinguish between em.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    It's a good chance to do some cooking for yourself. I've got an induction cook top that I make steak, pork chops, or sausages with on the regular. If you don't have a good inverter, then go with a camp stove. You can even make burgers or chicken with a george forman grill, though it's not the cleanest operation to use in the truck it's cleaner than a spattering pan.

Almost forgot, you need a pure sinewave inverter to run induction cookers so if you don't have it go with a resistive stove or just stick with a coleman or butane stove.

7. ronjeremyjr

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    I don’t cook but I do have a Coleman powerchill and eat out of that unless I can’t find a truck friendly Walmart in which case slim pickings.

8. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Oh now come on.... I have always liked their cold instant mashed potatoes....

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    stopped at dennys in kingdom city a couple weeks - ago. Terrible and i usually like dennys.
    the iron skillet next door has went to crap as well -

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    It isn't just truck stop restaurants. I stopped in a Bob Evans in Chesterton IN a couple of days ago, been there several times with good results. Half the booths were blocked off, half the normal number of staff with masks all askew. Nothing on the tables, have to ask for salt, pepper sugar, everything. In short a dining experience to forget. Food was almost cold, coffee too. Waitress is doing her best but no vigor...
    I think the entire full service restaurant industry is totally demoralized.

magoo68, austinmike and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Stopped at Grandma Max's inside the Bosselman's, err, Flying J in Big Springs the other day, no restrictions, other than masks on some of the waitresses. Food was decent, but it's sad, I did kinda like stopping at the Country Pride, they had a decent salad bar. I suspect more and more may go this way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.