Denver is desperate for drivers.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JudahMourn, Jul 27, 2018.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    It's Denver. Same reason there are a lot of trucking jobs in Dallas and SLC. Its a hub.
    You'll probably get replies back like that most places

JudahMourn Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    It's harder to breath up there for sure.

4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Drivers can’t pass drug test, oilfields are pumping so more drivers go there. Cost of living is very high. Denver last year was #2 city to live in so more mofos moved here. A lot of expanding so a lot of construction driving jobs. Enddumps and flatbed hiring like crazy. They are going into a big i70 project also why the Pilot closed down. Big expansion. So many people here traffic backs up now 7 days a week during the day. All LTL’s need drivers resorting to schools even companies like OD can’t find drivers. Also nobody around here wants to do Foodservice. US Foods offering up to 12.5k for sign on bonus. McLane 7500. All Foodservice are short handed badly. I doubt US Foods guys are working only 4 days anymore. Also Sysco bid guys are getting forced to work a fifth day also. All have a bonus. Even LTL has sign on bonus. Saia is back up to 2k. Fuel needs drivers bad also seen some sign on bonuses to run tanker also. Amazons new big warehouse is up and running here also.

As a driver you can do what you want and make a lot of money here. But your rent is gonna be 1500-1800 a month on the good side of town for just a 2 bedroom apartment. Luckily I bought a cheap house in not so favorable neighborhood before the mass explosion. Never had a issue good people live around me. I’m reaping the pay wherever I go. I’m likely gonna make 100k and it feels like 100k vs somebody who has to pay 1800-2000k+ for a mortgage. Also my home value went up in the last 5 years from 135k to 285k no upgrades to my house either. That’s how crazy it is here. I’m very fortunate to make the moves I did when I did.

LoneCowboy, stwik, JudahMourn and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Yeah, then winter rolls around and we are all laughing at you.

JudahMourn Thanks this.
  6. JudahMourn

JudahMourn Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Nope. I’ve tried several just to see,even used a local address. Denver calls back with an out of state address.
    I can dig the winter months.

7. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    What are they paying?

8. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    R and L is so short handed they start their rookies on line haul and P and D out at max like they have five years in

speedyk Thanks this.
  9. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Denver is surprisingly not that bad in the winter. Of course I might feel this way because I live in Western South Dakota so relative to that I suppose.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  10. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Because mose people can't pass the hair follicle test.

11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I was shocked at how high the cost of living got. Guess the cannabis tourists drove up everything.

My cousin pays a quarter of 1800 a month for a crappy little house you could buy for 50 k in Tennessee. Plus electric/water/ gas etc.

Maybe local driver look at the rates they are paying and laugh at them?

The dope heads seem to confine themselves because they were no where near as prevelant or annoying as I thought they were going to be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.