Depression and DOT

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Hoosiercruzer, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Jakezee586

Jakezee586 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I personally was in 2 different mental hospitals. I am on depression mess and anxiety meds. I got my CDL only 6 months after being in the looney bin. The only issue was I had to get a doctors note to show that the klonopin I am taking is for anxiety and not seizures. I currently hold a full, no restrictions 2 year med card. On the other hand of that, be careful because the nature of the job can make things worse. I drove for about 5 months and am actually writing this from a transport on my way back to a mental hospital for severe depression again. I'm trying to find out if I will lose my license for this. I'm ex-military so depression is pretty much a given, I just don't want to lose my well-being and career, although it might be for the best.

Good luck, god bless

Rahat Thanks this.
  2. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Wow, what are the odds of that?

I claim the movie rights.
    This could be the opening for a new Twilight Zone, with a resurrected Rod Serling narrating.

Protein Hauler Thanks this.
  3. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    Thank you brother!

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Two points. First, you quoted someone who is gone. That comment is almost 13 years old. Lastly, while I am not staff, I highly recommend listening to the meaning of a staff member's last comment to you in the thread he closed, not just the choice of words.

There is nothing wrong with reviving an old thread to update the thread or the thread has something of interest today.

Just some friendly advice going forward!

Lonesome and Rahat Thank this.
  5. silent_philosophy

silent_philosophy Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2023
    Medical history is private unless you disclose information.

Many drivers have narco histories yet report No consumption. Same goes for psychiatric.

90% of truck drivers have mental problems. This is the career for you! Do it.

Check the boxes that say you have no problems as you do not. If people never got sad they wouldnt be human or have the ability to look at themselves with deeper, spiritual considerations. That is to say, people that have never experienced sadness have never experienced true self reflection.

Good luck and stay safe.

Rahat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.