Desperate driver seeks owner operator to team with.

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Fuffster, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    So did you find a job yet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fuffster

Fuffster Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Hesperia,Ca
    Maybe, I have to send my H-6 to the owner of a car hauler. I guess I will see what happens. I told him it needs to be a team. Because I only have my permit for now. Trying to stay away from the bigger companies. I posted my need for a driver job on Craigs list and 30min later I got a call from the owner of a car hauler. He's looking for a team driver for his other driver. So, I sent him my DMV print out, med card, and permit. He said if he can get me cleared through his insurance company then I have the job. So did you ever find the co-driver your looking for.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  4. Fuffster

Mar 30, 2014
    Hesperia,Ca
    You think maybe if I put on here that im willing to drive for 500.00 a week regardless of the miles I run. I might get hooked up with an o/o :biggrin_25525:

5. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    The car hauler gig didn't pan out?

6. Fuffster

Mar 30, 2014
    Hesperia,Ca
    Hay, whats up bud. No I don't think so. He still has not called me back. Im getting so desperate. Thinking about posting on here that im willing to drive for 400.00 week regardless of the miles I put in. Needs to be a team driver or owner operator. Because I only have my permit for now. I so need to get on the road.

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    If I was an o/o and not a company driver I'd hire you. Good luck.

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    With only a Permit, the O/O might have some issues with their Insurance company.

9. Fuffster

Mar 30, 2014
    Hesperia,Ca
    Effective 05/30/2014 I will drive with you for only 400.00 a week. Regardless of the miles I run. I only have my permit for now, but I have driven from 1991 to 2004. Needs to be an o/o or very small company. I have my permit, Med Card and DMV printout. I need to start asap. If you have any questions my email is Christensen.russell@yahoo.com This offer is good only for a short time. But once I start, im yours as long as you need a driver.

10. Fuffster

Mar 30, 2014
    Hesperia,Ca
    That's why im willing to drive for so little. Compared to most other drivers that is. It's to make up any cost increase for ins.:yes2557:

11. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    The problem you are running into is that you CANNOT run as a team with a permit. A licensed driver needs to be in the passenger seat while you are driving. His time on duty is the same as your time on duty. You can however get 14 hours of driving in vs 11 hours a day. You can drive for 11 and the owner can drive for 3 or split it in half but all in all you only have 14 hours total that both of you can work. There is not really an advantage for the owner as you will both be pushing the 70 hour limit pretty quickly. Since you can only do one reset per week you will have to sit for a couple of days after maxing out your hours.

Fuffster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.