Detailed info about Stevens' costs

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by DenaliDad, Dec 6, 2011.

1. drake3d

drake3d Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Fountain, Colorado
    Well when you sign the agreement/contract during training, at the 3rd parties at least in Colorado, if you read it and listen to Shawn review it. it is a 2 year loan. If you stay at Stevens for the 2 years it is wiped/paid off. Now this was 2 years ago when I went through. it may have changed, but then it was 2 years.
    I still work for Stevens, I do the Texas regional and make pretty good coin and don't touch freight at all. Now I have looked at a few local places in Colorado and most pay ok but manual labor is required. I prefer not doing manual labor or driving in snow if I can help it. I stick with Stevens because at least with me I get all the miles I want, sometimes more, make enough money to pay my bills and like the equipment.
    YMMV but it is one of the best OTR/CDL training companies out there. To that point one of the people in the training department was selected to be on the board developing the new rules and requirements for training drivers throughout the country. It is not for all people but if you want quality equipment and training it is the best out there. And without the quality training and experience you won't get/keep that local job.

TLeaHeart Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    the one year, and the rest of the loan is forgiven went the way of the dodo bird years ago. You signed the contract, they expect you to uphold your end. Personal responsibility.

Emulsified and drake3d Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.