details about trucks?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by MikeyB., Jul 8, 2013.

1. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    can anyone shine some light on this topic. apu? bunk heater? no idle ac? 10 spd? automatics? fridgerators?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. morr2fab

morr2fab Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Except the automatic, I had all thoses things and more in my truck. So, just what are you asking?

4. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Recruiter was beatin around the bush when I asked certain things like you can idle. Not telling me there is an idle policy . This was from another recruiter from online. Just needed some clarity

5. morr2fab

Oct 3, 2012
    Can you idle?, Yes and no. Some trucks are programed to shut down after a couple minutes, and most likely if it has a sleeper cab, it will have a APU. However the "NO IDLE" rule is a State thing. That means a lot of States prohibit trucks to sit and idle. So because it gets Hot and cold outside, to be comfortable, again, APU's and bunk heaters. APU's also keep the truck batteries charged. The question you should ask is, "do your trucks have APU's.

6. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Well the prostars i seen at other companies have a mode called no idle" which runs off the battery" very few have this option due to draining of the battery.

7. morr2fab

Oct 3, 2012
    Or maybe your, "you can sit and idle" means something different.

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We are in a Freightliner... It had 'Opti-Idle'. It will idle for 5 minutes and if no input (clutch, accelerator) it will shut the engine off. You can 'set' the O-I and the thermostat in the bunk area to maintain a certain temperature. It will start the truck, run it until the temp is obtained and shut it off again. If the temp isn't set, it will just start it for low batteries.

If you are or get an O/O truck you MIGHT get an APU, but they aren't standard issue and get removed and resold. Again SOME trucks have refrigerators, most don't unless you get that O/O spec truck. Bunk heater... Yep, they pretty much all have those. No automatics that I know of in the fleet and most are either 9 or 13 speed.

9. EAzYrIDer007

EAzYrIDer007 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Baltimore,MD
    Can you pick which truck you wanna drive? Say if i prefer a pete, could i get that truck?

10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

If there is one available, that's a good possibility... However, fresh upgraded students don't always get first choice...

11. EAzYrIDer007

EAzYrIDer007 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Baltimore,MD
    Okay, thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.