Detention or no?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dino soar, Sep 15, 2020.

1. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Glad it worked out for you in the end, and I'm glad you were treated fairly. Contrary to reports otherwise, there are at least a *few* of us out here that are ethical and open with stuff like this.

Rideandrepair and Dino soar Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    We delivered it this morning. Asked for $500 but got $300 which is fine.

It was going to a place that’s two words and starts with Nice. 2nd word is 3 letters. Just don’t want to give too much on an open forum.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’d like to buy a vowel please.

5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    We always request in situations like this ... anything over 2 hours ...but not 2:30-45 ...usually over 3-4-5 . We rarely have these situations but when there is one - it pisses me off . Most of the time we get $50 per hour . Last time i was really disappointed in landstar monday morning delivering their partial in RI but receiver stopped accepting loads on monday , i arrived at 11am and was there till Tuesday 8am ...got only $300 ...second time situation like this ( rescheduled for next day )

D.Tibbitt and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I wouldve told them to take it off the truck after they wouldnt load it like i tell them to, when im heavy on my drives . Not going and getting a scale ticket only to show them what ive been telling them all along. At that point they are implying i dont know how to do my job and im stupid. Move it around and load it where i tell u to or take it off and find a different truck, your choice. That sucks what happened

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Same. No-one is telling me to go down the road wasting my time to get a scale ticket telling me what I knew. They can cut the whole load off the truck if they want to be dicks about it. I have suspension gauges and maybe hit a CAT Scale one or two odd loads a year, if that.

God prefers Diesels and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. ajp201

ajp201 Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2018
    Give this man a Grammy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.