Detention Pay

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by truckfam, Mar 12, 2013.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    LPA is one of a few agents I would pull produce for when I pulled vans......she has been pretty upfront with me...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    your not suppose to tell everyone that! It was suppose to be our secret

landstar8891 Thanks this.
  4. alias22222

alias22222 Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I just wonder what is the going rates for detention time? After how many hours of waiting what does one get paid?

5. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    Screw them! I'm getting old. Two hours and we should be empty. More than that, it's detention. If I'm on-site, I will call and demand detention. We used to have to be on site, for cranes. If we were late, we were docked. We've been late 2x in 5 years. Once was a blizzard. The other time was mechanical and we were late by an hour.

Why do we have to wait for 6 hours for a load? My husband won't say anything. I sure will!

6. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I have gotten $20-70/hour

7. mydognick

mydognick Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    FLO AGENT for L/S is not an agent to work with. 2 weeks ago had booked a load for Friday load on Wen. No email or pdf file and would not answer phone.called L/S they got mitch on phone and 10 excuses later left hanging..ok things happen..saw the same load come up again called ...yeah man its yours..loads friday 2:00pm... it tuned into a real mess...i know 2nd times my fault...24 hours now sat. 2:00 not loaded promised detention ,L/S says i should not have contacted shipper,to inquire on load....really...mitch thinks I'm going to ruin his business while he doesn't give a #### about my business I will not load for Flo agency again ever and I have it all on tape anybody wants to hear it exactly how it went down beware..you been warned

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.