Detroit diesel 60 series problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by GNVTrucking, Feb 12, 2019.

1. GNVTrucking

GNVTrucking Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner, yes they did pressure test the CAC. It was fine and they even put a different one on. It seems to be a fuel delivery issue, and they have covered every angle. And we did, just to make sure, put in a new boost sensor. Still at a loss for power.

2. GNVTrucking

Feb 12, 2019
    They are very experienced at rebuilding motors, and it starts and runs great. Sounds great, but has no turbo spool up for boost. Thanks for the reply, all things have been helpful, but at this point we're back at zero.

3. GNVTrucking

Feb 12, 2019
    As stated earlier, that's the first thing they checked, and once again today, we put in another new sensor. Still no difference.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. GNVTrucking

Feb 12, 2019
    Yes we did first day, and another new one today, just to be sure.

5. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Never once did you say you put a new one on in any of your previous posts before today.

And your saying it hasn't run right since you got it back from the shop who rebuilt it, correct?? If it was fuel delivery it would shudder and miss like it's not getting enough. Did they put the fuel fittings in the back of the head in the right ports ( Inlet and return) and also did they put the restrictor fitting back on also.?

Have you guys checked that the TPS is going to 100% at full throttle in the ecm?

6. GNVTrucking

Feb 12, 2019
    The rebuild shop is where it's at. They just told me that they did check the fuel ports and also put a new restrictor valve in. And he said that they have checked the TPS in the ECM. I drove it Saturday, and pulling a slight grade, bobtail, it would not hold rpm and I had to drop a gear. I was able to get it to 70mph on the downhill but it wouldn't get past 69 on the flat. The turbo feels like its not spooling at all. The rep from Industrial Injection in SLC, came by Friday and looked the turbo over again while they had it off. He is the one who tested the injectors the previous week. They have been through the fuel lines, valves, a new pump, filters, and new fuel added just for good measure. However the person in Montana that did the delete and reprogram, and reprogrammed, has been difficult to speak with due to personal health issues. It should not be showing a Turbo speed sensor code, or a VNT code as there isn't either. We'll see what today brings with another shop being brought on board to help. Thanks for all your help. Glade.

7. GNVTrucking

Feb 12, 2019

8. Neshot123

Neshot123 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2020
    HELP PLEASE !!! LOW BOOST, NO POWER
    Truck wont start on key when you turn it only Starts on starter Relay
    Nee Batteries as well
    Under full load bobtail Hardly gets 20 psi floored
    cruising getting 7-8 psi
    Turbo pretty quiet and No "Jet Engine" Sound out of exhaust .
    Out of options dont know what to look for anymore
    2007 DETROIT SERIES 60 12.7 EGR
    NEW TURBO
    NEW EGR
    NEW EGR COOLER
    NEW OIL COOLER
    NEW OIL COOLER HOUSING
    NEW BOOST SENSOR
    NEW DELTA P SENSOR
    NEW VPOD AND LINES
    NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET
    NO LEAKS IN CAC OR ANYWHERE

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Check for adequate fuel supply. Plugged tank vents, lines sucking air between tank and pump, or lines restricted from internal swelling.Tanks shutoff valve sucking air on supply side. Plugging of pick up tube, or hole in tube. Just an idea. No fuel- no boost, no nothing.

10. Neshot123

Neshot123 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2020

Truck ran fine until we replaced all this. Now they are saying possible bad EGR even tho its new they are notorious to still come bad even new i will keep posted once the re check the new EGR again.‍♂️‍♂️

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.