detroit differences

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by starmac, Oct 10, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Thanks, if i get a chance I will go take a look at it. I had thought I would go down there tomorrow, but the insurance co called, and told me they would be here to look at mine sometime in the next 48 hours, like that is suppose to mean something to me. I had better stay available though.

I got a calk this evening and was offered a KW with a cat, more money, but more truck too. Hopefully I will just need one for a couple of months anyway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    I would be interested to hear how the deal with your wrecked truck shakes out. Prolly take a few days after he sees it to make you an offer. I spent a couple of weeks writing letters and negotiating for one of mine once, but it was worth it because they came up almost 50%.

Good luck

4. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Well, supposedly it is insured for a dollar amount, so if it is what it should be, it should be just if they total it or not, which I am sure they will. I can easily put it back together, but if a guy had to go with shop rates and everything new, it would be more than the dollar amount. i am hoping they pay the wrecker bill, I got hit for 8 grand, just to get it back to prudhoe. lol

5. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Holy cow! How many miles was it towed?

6. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    55, for that leg of it, then we hauled it 500 to get her home.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sounds like you are being offered a sweetheart kitty cat somewhere. I would get on it if I were you.

We still have a number running about here, but as God is my witness we are dwindling

8. TWF75

TWF75 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2020
    you are correct series 60
    the 12.7 series 60 was great motor not biggest power but good sold dependable motor period

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.