Detroit no start

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by ODR, Apr 26, 2017.

1. ODR

ODR Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Tompkins, Sk
    I have a '94 379 xhd with a 60 series in it. It was running fine then when I went to start it she would crank fine but no start. So I checked grounds, battery connections, fuses, changed timing sensors, tried donor ECM, put prolink on no codes, and checked fuel pressure. Still no start injectors won't fire. While cranking stop engine and engine fan lights blink while the fan clutch engages then disengages. Sometimes fan will do this just with key on. I'm not the best with wiring bit think it must be problem in cab and don't know where to start. Any advice? Ps I'm in the boonies but have mechanic coming tomorrow to give it a try. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Will it start on ether? If not, your engine's tired. Mine did the same thing. One day, went out and it just wouldn't go.

4. ODR

ODR Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Tompkins, Sk
    Yep she would run on either

5. Bean Jr.

Mar 30, 2014
  6. Radar97

Radar97 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2018
    @Bean Jr. my 2000 did the same thing was fine went out next day to start and would crank and crank but never bust off all dash lights come on then go off as they should ECM fuses are good new batteries all the connections are good, changed the srs and trs sensers didn’t fix the problem won’t even start with either it smokes white while shooting ether but won’t start or even spit and spudder ? I’m at a lost on it

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. Bean Jr.

Mar 30, 2014
    I sold the truck, and the guy who bought it had to rebuild it.

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Please update if You find the problem, as I have the same engine. Wish I could help. But won’t start w/ either. I’m lost also

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Mines running fine, I was referring to yours, but in case I ever have same problem in future

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.