DHE - dependable highway express?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bigtruck360, May 27, 2011.

1. bigtruck360

bigtruck360 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2011
    modesto ca
    I have not seen anything on this company good or bad, they been around a long time and there huge, does anyone have any experience with them?

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I don't think they're that huge. Their yard is on the 10 fwy in L.A., a lotta west coast freight.

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  4. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    They suck!!!

Just ask the otter

5. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap.

6. pete1960

pete1960 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    stockton ca
    LOL I saw this thread and just had to join this forum to let people know that as a current employee/driver for DHE they are not all that great.
    99% of there loads are live so you will more then likely spend 1/2 a day getting loaded then they only go 250-600 miles then you spend another 1/2 a day unloading then after that you sit atleast another day waiting for another load and the cycle continues!
    I have been averaging about $350 a week is all and then I have been paying for scales out of my own pocket because the only truck stops that take DHE fuel cards is TA and theres never one very close by.
    Add to this that getting your money back from them that you paid out of your own pocket is like trying to get money back from your long lost cousin you loaned money to years ago! I have been with them a year and have not seen one reimbursement yet!
    There is allot of other issues but this would be my major gripes.
    The only positive I can say about dhe is getting home, usually at least once a week but then its not very long but you don't want to sit at home very long anyway or there's no paycheck, or very little, that week!

7. Heirforce1

Heirforce1 Medium Load Member

May 16, 2011
    The Windy City
    Just outta of curiousity with 10yrs experience in your profile and in the bottom feeders paying out more than $350 a week with reasonable reimbursement timeframes, remind us again why you are there???? Gluton for punishment maybe? Hopefully you can switch to something better. Best of luck!

8. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    See em' on I-5 here in Portland and when I drove up and down I-5 drove by their terminal one time as well. Seems like they have older trucks although I've seen one Cascadia the other day, other than that don't know much.

9. pete1960

pete1960 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    stockton ca
    Im looking for something better but most of my trucking experience has been in a cement mixer hence the crappy job at this point in my life. I got out of construction because I was getting sick of constantly being on unemployment.

10. bigtruck360

May 27, 2011
    modesto ca
    I had a a major mechanical failure on my company truck caused by a incompetent mechanic. Will post the full review on them as soon as they settle with me.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  11. bigtruck360

May 27, 2011
    modesto ca
    I got a check for $500 for my $900 loss so not to BAD. Only thing im going to say bad about them is expect to make $28000 a year with them. $28000 a year is not good, i made double that towing with a class C license so take a job with them at your own expense!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.