DHE - dependable highway express?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bigtruck360, May 27, 2011.

1. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I just started working for them. So far its okay but wont find out till a couple more months.

Northern california and southern california are separate. Ontario is the location of their new terminal for socal.

Their trailers, trucks are not too bad. They are bringing in new volvo automatic trucks for the fleet, new trailers. Almost all trailers have recent pm stickers. Green light for prepass almost everytime for scales in california...good score im guessing.

No pets or rider policy. Currently transitioning to elog qualcomm from paperlogs.

The truckload division is small but growing apparently.

Truckergirl2014 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckergirl2014

Truckergirl2014 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    how are the miles ? I just gave my recent Company 2 weeks notice and I spoke to Anthony Flores the recruiter so before I make this transition I want to make sure I'm making the right choice

4. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Ontario ca- sacramento, ca...419 miles
    Redlands, ca-porterville ca...220 miles
    Moreno valley, ca- redding, ca...600 miles
    Sacramento, ca- los angeles,ca...400
    Just a few loads off the bat

Thats what ive been running so far. Alot of 400- 600 mile loads. Ioads out of los angeles up and down the I-5 corridor. Drop/hook, live loads.

So far looks like 2000 miles a week is definitely easy to achieve... Just started so miles may increase once I become more familiar with the routes.

Im going to be home at least for a 34 reset once a week. Thats all that matters to me...tired of the otr 3 weeks out nonsense.

Hoping this works out but so far its good.

5. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Of course pay is good compared to other western regional companies I spoke to.

.44 cents a mile + .02 idle fuel bonus
    We'll wait and see if they deliver on the pay promise though.

6. wishihadapete

wishihadapete Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    just got canned from dhe
    its tough working any where
    insurance companys thru safety people run the show so if you get 2 moving violations toast
    their good people for the most part
    every body has a different ride depends on who you are
    and when they promise your wages when you hire its like joining the marine corps
    theyl promise anything and during that interveiw they will get in your face and yell im not paying you for first hour
    like a thug gangster from chicago trying to intimidate you like they where robbing you and itl happen quite often
    and itl be at every drop u try to get thehourly layover pay
    i call that robbery extorsion racketearing i met people in prison delivering there for that exact thing
    they got class action Lawsuit against them for not paying pretriping fueling first hook
    they are going to screw with your wages
    the guy who works the hardest is the first to get shaft more so if your from nevada yard
    cause your going to fight the hill so it takes longer if you work thru breaks
    putting your trailors up to dock youl get screwed the cal drivers will be layin around takin it easy
    they perposely will dog the reno guys and have you do hoslers job while he loads trucks at sac
    if your their fastest driver they reward you with sac and back 3 to 5 days a week
    which means 1300 miles a week after taxes and and insureance you will constantly have 600 dollar pay check
    which aint much
    they are the cheapest people i know pennie pinching wise you
    will see yard dispatcher send you over to hd supply warehouse tell you theres an accident thats why they picked you instead of their guy youl work 2 hours theyl pay you 1
    thats local p+d
    theyl keep lights off in yard so youl be working in the dark or youl have security light s going off and on every couple seconds while your backing up to dock in sparks yard
    if their equipment breaks down flat tire and your late watch your pay check theyl make time card disapeer and youl have to fight for it mostly thier better drivers are the ones fighting for drop pay youl get written up
    last one to the yard getting ### chewed
    its a fast paced job not bad running california if you work in calif
    that free pass in window is your enemy do not use it suposed to be automatic system
    they overide it train all the drivers to get used to it going off at driveway green light 3 out of four trucks
    and youl be getting brake checked at driveway and people passing and trying to turn back in and youl pass 20 ft drive way and dont turn back in scales pull over and wate for cop they nailed me for driving through traffic sign and driving the wrong way down a highway cop are looking for the bonus for entrapping you
    just turn in scales every time #### the free pass
    their watching you on their tracker and theil hen peck you for breaks
    push you and when they know your running to the max
    theyl someone will get in your #### and youl push it passed resone jumping and youl pull the wrong trailor
    that was the end of me im kinda high strung competitive guy already to my own demise the company man
    so drive 55 60 dont use pass take your brakes actualy new system logs will help
    idnore any #####ing they have and makem go over pay check when they jerk you they figure if they jew your paycheck theirs gets bigger good luck and whiners get the miles
    and drama queens and theyl go off about time it takes to fuel and youl be pumping dayguys fuel to

7. wishihadapete

wishihadapete Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    we need to go after the feds credit driver and companie rating thing that bonuses cops for writing us ticket
    sits unfair unconstitutional and were paying 50 trillion dolllar deficet extra 40 grand a year for highway patrol and other cops insureance companies their trying to turn whole place into getto
    and remember their are 4 -500000000 of us it shouldnt be able to rewrite constitution with out us standing on sombodies kneck lol

8. DHESUCKS

DHESUCKS Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I haven't worked for DHE in about 4 1/2 years but I am getting a check from them soon! There is a class action lawsuit against them that they lost. DHE tried to screw me over again with this lawsuit trying to say I only worked so many weeks for them when in actuality I worked almost double the weeks. LOL attempted screw by DHE almost 5 years later.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  9. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Update. Been here at dependable highway express for 6 months now. So far I have no complaints. They keep me moving for the most part and pretty laid back.

Only complaint is sometimes you get thrown on a short run in the 300 mile range that are live unloads. Also know a coworker/driver from southern california who has pretty bad experiences with the folks in Ontario ca. A lot of bs from dispatchers and always has to hound them to get enough miles. I've heard drivers refuse loads often and will give the crap short runs to other unfortunate drivers. That's just what I've heard from one driver out of southern california...don't take my word for it just saying.

You can get home every weekend for a 34 hour reset. They have a good maintenance plan on their trailers. Equipment is good. They require to chain but know some drivers that won't chain. Paper logs/e logs.

All I can say dhe is probably slightly better than the other mega western regional carriers like Gordon, swift,knight, etc...

10. ajsalinas747

ajsalinas747 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2013
    Thinking about working here. What truck did you get assigned? I'm really only looking to work at DHE if they assignee newer trucks. Just tired of getting old (2-3) year old trucks. And do they have Refrigerators, and power inverters on the truck. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.