Diagnostic tools

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Fredy, Nov 16, 2019.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    vague? How heat kills things.. ur doing a regen everyday when its not needed. You might think ur helping the DPF all ur doing is wearing down sensors and risk the chance of cracking the DOC or DPF

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

If you do long haul, the regen is unnecessary. The system cleans the DPF when you are driving at highway speeds. The regen button is mostly for local drivers and perhaps some regional drivers. If your truck asks for a regen and you drive long haul that may be a sign there is something mechanically wrong.

jinxutoo Thanks this.
  4. Big_D409

Big_D409 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Robertsdale, AL 36567
    Insite is accessed through Cummins and it’s an annual subscription. Or find someone that has it and will let you use it when they aren’t.

I don’t use it for emissions related, but I can run performance tests with the laptop that my handheld won’t let me.

Check out on Facebook marketplace for diagnostic laptop. A guy selling them with every subscription available for 2000$. Gustavo was his name I think?

jinxutoo Thanks this.
  5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Heck download the cracked its free for life LOL

shatteredsquare Thanks this.
  6. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    parked regens get a lot hotter than active rolling regens and it blasts the egr like crazy too, it can't hurt to bake the peanuts out of it every now and again by force, if there's nothing to cook off in the cans it will at least give the diesel doser injector a good workout and clean up the sensors, a good italian tune up never hurts. I've had injectors start acting up and if you catch the sound and just flog the hell out of it right then they all just balance out and shut up

think about how much cooling highway speed airflow would do to the 1-box as it's trying to do an active regen on the road, even if internal temps and pressures were satisfied momentarily, a parked regen keeps and uses all that heat without having to fight highway speed air cooling effects, plus the diesel doser will have to dump a lot more fuel into the 1-box to get it to temp for a parked regen

7. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    is there such a thing as open source diagnostic link? just to be able to read sensors

8. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I have one of these. I can read codes right off my phone with the Detroit App.
    Diagnostic Superstore - Nexiq Blue-Link Mini

9. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    that's tells you where the problem is, i need open source read-the-sensors doodad to tell me what the problem is. preferably in way that don't cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ just to gain visibility

[​IMG]

10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I had a licensed copy of Diagnostic link, cost me $500 a year for the subscription. Had the USB Nexiq hook up, but I retired last year and sold it off.

11. hillbillytrucker72

hillbillytrucker72 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Ridge manor fl
    You can purchase insite thru the local Cummins dealer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.