Diary of a Gainey driver

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by longbedGTs, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    thx for that info american hippy!

3. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    they are cheap as far as maintenance, anything that they can delay in fixing,they will...until it breaks.

they finally are giving out ezpasses,i have been sending messages about this for awhile...trks are in bad condition,old...but they ARE buying new ones,just not enough. ive never had a trk near 700k miles until i came to this company.

alot of the trailers are old etc,but i havent had problems w/ sliding tandems like i did at werner...not as many trlr's left sitting in the customers yard w/ flat tires,waiting for you to pick it up...so thats positive.

my largest complaint was having to pay for tolls, but theyre giving out ezpasses...my 2nd largest complaint would prly be low pay,with how many years experience i have,i should be making more than LOW 30 cents/mile,and thats WITH per diem which IS NOT optional(required) which i hate also..

safety rating is terrible,mostly because of log violations and speeding which is related to the fact that they basically bump you down a notch if you dont run the loads that they want you to run. even if it takes driving 16 hrs in a single day..they wont say it over the qualcomm,but they might call you...in any case it is implied, and its happend to me more than a few times.. expect to have alot of inspections by the DOT because of this if you come to the company, level 1,2,3...youll see it all.

i have refused loads due to not possible w/ hrs that i had and then have gotten terrible miles afterwards.

overall,i would say that if you have problems w/ your driving record including accidents,a felony or lack of work history...this company will hire you if you want a job...otherwise i would suggest finding another company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.