Did anybody get inspected for ELD yet?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by DUNE-T, Dec 18, 2017.

1. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Got checked in Orange Texas last Thursday.
    As the trucks rolled by they would open the door, look for your seat belt and asked to see if ELD was on and in a holder. One of the guy's with me got a ELD securement ticket his KT app is on his phone and the phone was in the cup holder.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Ugh, I thought I was so slick. I had my ELD Velcro'ed to the dash. Well it turns out when the weather gets hot the adhesive in the Velcro gets soft and the weight of the tablet slowly drags the Velcro down the dash until it falls off.

(Shame too, I had a perfect spot for it, looked like where you'd put an infotainment screen on a car.)

This happened 2-3 times the first summer of ELDs so after a while I just started tossing the tablet into a small hole below the radio.

I haven't been caught yet but thanks for reminding me if I ever get pulled over to slap that thing back on the Velcro before the officer gets to my door!

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Get better velcro. I have mine velcroed to a metal bracket that I built. Peel it off every night to go into the house with me. No issues at all, even in the summer...which is amazing considering I don't have AC in my truck.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  5. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Ram mounts work well.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I gotta redo it anyway. My truck was just returned to the leasing agent. I'm on my way to pick up my new one now. Unfortunately it's not new, it was abandoned by a driver in Chicago.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Do you know where I could find that regulation?

wore out Thanks this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    395.34(d)
    (d) Motor carrier requirements for repair, replacement, or service. (1) If a motor carrier receives or discovers information concerning the malfunction of an ELD, the motor carrier must take actions to correct the malfunction of the ELD within 8 days of discovery of the condition or a driver's notification to the motor carrier, whichever occurs first.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  9. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Thanks
    I shall forward this to the powers that be.
    Kinda grey the "must take actions to correct" part.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.