Did I do something wrong at this intersection? Video attached.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Don379, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    What the heck was he watching because he sure wasn't watching his mirrors.....

Don379 and skellr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    i was just thinking a little more about this. HAd this been a few cars make the same approach i did, there would have surely been some cars going for a ride under neath that guys trailer

Kyle G. and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cars go under anyone's trailer no matter how much we close the gap. They don't pay attention to turn signals.

They'll take the grass if they can.

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Bingo, it's what got me through all the millions of miles. I still do that today, in a limited sense, of course, but I tell people I would try and analyze what people would do next. That got incredibly difficult once cell phones came out, and I'd bet the farm, if I still had it, truck #2 was blabbing on their phone. I hate to say it, but today, all you drivers are on borrowed time, and you're luck will run out, it's that big of a deal. It's the biggest reason I got out, because I could no longer tell what people were going to do.

rbrtwbstr Thanks this.
  6. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Dang, your truck sounds good.

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  7. jweibel1

jweibel1 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I can see why 2 trucks turned from that lane as it's a tight right turn w/ a concrete island on your left & a curb on your right. To keep from curbing trailer tires that is the easiest turn but a violation as stated by previous drivers. I would approach that turn in the correct turn lane then "cheat" over to the left to avoid curbing my tires. Happy to see you were alert & happy to see the other driver checked his mirrors. We're all out hear to make a living & KNOWN tough turns are just a matter of negotiating & looking out for each other. LONG STORY SHORT--YOU WERE CORRECT!!!

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    2 wrongs, don't make a right...but 2 morons, taking a right the wrong way.....

you did nuffin wrong, your video would have gotten you paid if they had hit you. clearly both in the wrong lane.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Actually. He would have a gotten a ticket for not yielding.

The truckers made their intentions known.

And the cop would see that's a tight turn.

OP must be driving a single short truck.

There's no way a 53 is making that turn with traffic. From the right turn lane.

I make left turns all the time from the straight lane. Due to the fact that trucks coming up can't make that right hand turn with traffic in the left turn lane. I had a pickup do that very stunt OP did. He admitted my left turn was on.

Guess who got the ticket. Wasn't me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You all can argue all you want.

Reality is. We've all done it at some point. Or will do it.

I do it on a daily basis. Trucks need space.
    Most of us help each other out.

I give my fellow truckers space. And if I need space. I'm taking what I can.

We all do it.

2 trucks making the same maneuver.
    Must be a reason there. And swift made it clear.

lilillill Thanks this.
  11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    7DC68206-F7DC-4CA5-B340-25474DA7D174.jpeg Griffin, GA, turning right from 155 onto 16. I use the center straight through lane for the trailer and the left turn lane for the tractor and complete a right turn when the traffic in the far right lane clears. The locals know the deal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.