Did Schneider screw me?HELP

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Thekaratekid80, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Videos of sweet memories by dolly parton
    Got curious and did a Google search of Dolly. I'm so disappointed 'cause all these years I thought she was singing "Sweet Mammaries."

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    Have someone you know call Schneider and ask for a reference. If they say anything negative ask them for it in writing. Call your local labor board and talk to them. If Schneider is doing something wrong the Labor Board will correct it. I did it and was paid $10,000 after the Stste fined them for lying.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The moss would have won the battle for you. But you did not take pictures of anything did nothing but get walked over like a door mat.

G. Don't be a door mat.

Everyone else has had A through F with very valid lessons. This is how many people are eliminated from a good life on the road, small stupid stuff they fail to follow through completely, oh well... that's on them. You too?

Im half tempted to follow up and ask you where is your spirit? Stop being a doormat. If you are going to get stomped, make the other person or company feel the pain come the morning too maybe a little blood payback through the Labor dept etc.

This is not a attack or assault in any way, this industry requires you to be able to stand up and fight. And there are many ways to fight back and protect your CDL and hireability. Ive gone through a similar time of stupid stuff early in my trucking then I started to pick my battles carefully. Some of which got me fired or blacklisted, but they won't forget me anytime soon and hope and pray they don't find another one of me to hire on.

I have actually had situations where it is my professional judgement a curbing is going to be destroyed by that big truck when I try to make a turn with it. The kind of turn I refused to do for two hours yelling bad words. Just before I threatened to take the whole load back to the shipper 1500 miles the boss made a threat of his own. He basically found a button. His curb was destroyed in full view of him and 10 other workers.

THAT took 6 months of explaining to two companies after. From that situation if I see something that will happen if I did what I am ordered to, I would quit first. Flat. I don't care about the minor economic losses of being unemployed. That's old hat. But I actually do care about what this industry can do to you if you are a doormat. Stop it.

5. NYCNick

NYCNick Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2018
    I'm just curious why "take pictures of everything anytime someone has an issue" isn't burned into new drivers during training.

Thekaratekid80 Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    At Schneider they are told on at least 3 separate occasions. There are 4 test questions about taking of pictures as well . Short of using a branding iron I don't know what else we can do.

Opus Thanks this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    He has no case because he has accidents on his record, they should have terminated him, but he resigned and now seems to be acting like he didn't do a thing wrong.

8. Thekaratekid80

Thekaratekid80 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2018
    There has been an insurance investigation started by a third part. He is saying I was not at fault. Now it’s time to get real with Schneider. Any suggestions?

9. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    It's not strange. Schneider simply put your accident record on the Employment Verification form that Melton is legally required to send out on all new Drivers.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    About taking pictures. If you don’t have one or three of the disposable/recyclable film cameras, get some. Get the ones with lots of exposures. Also if possible, if the place where it happened, has the days newspaper, get that in any pictures you take. This locks the date, no argument.

Digital photos are good, but they can be edited or photoshopped, at least that’s what the lawyers are going to say. Film does not make false statements.
    Get both printed pictures and a digital disc.

11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    One can easily edit a digital image and later have it transferred to film. Something else to consider.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.