Did your trainer take home time while "training" you

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by superpet39, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Sonny Pruitt

Sonny Pruitt Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Western US
    I never put a trainee into a motel. He's there to learn about trucking, and part of that is learning to wait. If he wants to wait somewhere other than in the truck, that's up to him.

If I'm due for home time, I go home. If I have a trainee, he gets to see my home town. I give him a door key and a list of ways to reach me, and make sure he knows when the truck is leaving, so he can be driving it if he still wants the job. I then lock the bunk down (so he can't play with my stuff -- I had one try to sell off my VCR once!) and leave. We're parked next to a Walmart and a city bus stop, two miles from an airport with heavy Southwest Airlines schedule, and we know about it a couple of days ahead of time, so wife or girlfriend can be brought in for a couple of days of vacation.

Fortunately for my trainees, my home town offers many opportunities for entertainment. When I was in training, my TD went to HIS home town, a little village in Virginia, and I spent three days parked behind a gas station 10 miles away. The only food was the stuff that had been under the convenience store heat lamps since we'd been somewhere in Minnesota.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    Now that's funny!!!!!!! :cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.