Diesel Freak Cat Harness

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Adamali21, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Adamali21

Adamali21 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2018
    I seen a video today of a guy installing a custom harness that connects to your boost sensor and fuel temp sensor. It’s supposed to give you more HP and better on fuel. Has anyone tried these harnesses before and what’s there Pros and Cons

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Its tricks the ECM to thinking that the engine/ fuel system is cold, thus adding more fuel. Better on fuel no, more fuel= more power, not economy. You wont get both.

p608, black_dog106, Adamali21 and 4 others Thank this.
  4. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    The fuel temp harness is supposed to be good for a few hp and better economy. Most say it really only works when fuel is cold. I bought one a few years ago and can't say I noticed much. The boost sensor harness tricks engine to thinking its reading higher boost pressure than actual sonit sends more fuel. Did notice a little better throttle response and maybe faster spool up. Depending on level of resistor they use can be more or less extra fueling. I had the highest level and it would pour black smoke pretty good every gear change if you put your foot to the floor. Black smoke is wasted fuel and also dirtys up your oil faster. I took that one out years ago

5. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Can make your own way cheaper also. I had to deal with him once, not very impressed.

w9l, Oxbow, BoxCarKidd and 2 others Thank this.
  6. badlandsbullhauler

badlandsbullhauler Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Alberta, Canada
    They are good for a little throttle response and a lot of black smoke, but that's about it. When it comes to power, you get what you pay for, and these things are as cheap as they get.

More fuel does not mean more power. Add all the fuel you want, it just goes out the pipes unless you do it properly. And if done properly you definitely CAN gain power AND economy.

spsauerland and lester Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.