Diet anyone?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by PortlandDriver, Jul 9, 2006.

1. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Elaborate? Find a form of exercise that you enjoy and stick with it. Nuff said.............

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    From 280 to 224 you are doing great...just keep it up...even though you are at a plateau for right now, all of the sudden it is going to change and you are going to start losing the rest that you want to lose. Congratulations and keep up the hard work.

4. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Well I gotta say this 49 now and only gained 10 lbs since age 15 excluding having 1 kid. Weighed less after he was born than I did to begin with, go figure. I eat all the time but only a bite or two or maybe 3. Hubby is the KING of sweet stuff and it's hard not to eat it all with him. I've noticed my weigh came on after I semi retired, less movement I guess. So I wanna kick that 10 and another 10 off to boot. Good luck to all on this painful divorce from all the bad food!

5. bunker

bunker Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2006
    i am stuck between 216 and 220 and i need to get down to 180 what did you do to lose the weight

6. theroadagain3

theroadagain3 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    Good job on following thru w/ the diet. The only thing that grew on u was ur willpower. Also a comment on NutraSweet. Did any of u ever hear about the incident in a Georgia NutraSweet Plant. A couple of guys walked casually into the plant, and about the time they noticed the workers there were dressed in spaceage suits that made them look like astronauts, they started experiencing severe asfyxiation. The 2 men were in there for less than a minute, and yet 1 of them died, and the other one suffered severe lung and brain damage. The chemicals they use to make NutraSweet and aspartame r so dangerous, u need not b anywhere near them lest ur dressed like an astronaut.

7. Ms.Marie

Ms.Marie Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Gainesville, Fl
    Hello-
    My name is Marie. I am currently in culinary school and doing some research. I would like to open a Bakery/Cafe that specifically caters to making nutrient dense, minimally processed food specifically packaged for truckers. I spend a lot of time asking my stepdad, who is a trucker, lots of questions about what items he thought would be best, but I would like other opinions as well.

• Are there specific concerns for storage?
    • What nutrients do you find yourselves lacking?
    • What food typically keep best?
    • What type of foods do you typically buy when trying to eat healthy?

I would greatly appreciate any answers, suggestions or advice on the topic. ​
    - Marie

8. Get2YourBest

Get2YourBest Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I know how challenging this can be. I lost over 100 lbs. in the last year and I feel so much better! Completely off my blood pressure medication and didn't starve!

9. Nutrition Gal

Nutrition Gal Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Calgary, AB
    I see that getting the right nutrition and still maintaining a healthy weight can be a challenge as a trucker. There is a protein shake that is fairly new on the market that has 30% of your daily nutritional requirements in one serving. It has 20-22 grams of protein when made with milk, no sugar, low sodium and 5 grams of fibre. The shake is gluten free and diabetic friendly. It can be made with the magic bullet, which I take on the road with me when I am travelling - with milk, water, or any kind of juice. The first shake is for breakfast and I make my second shake of the day in a GO cup on ice and have it for lunch. People have said they have more energy when they take it and if they go with 2 shakes a day - they lose weight. The system is simple and that's why it works so well. If you are struggling with your diet, your energy levels or your weight, send me a reply and I can provide you with more information.

10. camerafreak

camerafreak Bobtail Member

May 10, 2012
    on the road
    richard simmins does geico commmercials, lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.