Difference between Carolina cargo and Carolina Logistics

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davidajhamlin1983, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Davidajhamlin1983

Davidajhamlin1983 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Okay there's been much talk about both of these companies on here. They both appear to be second chance companies. The pay for both is almost the same. With one very major difference. Carolina Logistics you appear to be a sub contractor. They have a fee of $120 for insurance. They both pull a DAC on you as well. They will hire almost anyone which most of us know. @Chinatown is very vocal on here with company for driver's which is awesome for all. Are there better of course but at the end of the day. Some have to use them to better themselves. Remember ppl DAC can be good and bad. Time heals alot of things in this industry. And remember employers can only go back so many years for info. Now for all you Stoners out there. DAC is not your issue really. Your past company is. Plus any company that request your history with them. They have to tell them if you failed a test and that new company will keep that in for on you. Thier is more systems to check on us drivers than just DAC!! Now let's discuss. I will also update as I speek to verified personnel from both which will be later on today.. thanks all and keep that dirty side down..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Update on my posting. Carolina cargo out of Rock Hill South Carolina. DOT number 551480 is not an active carrier per dot website. @Chinatown need to update your records.

4. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Okay so after getting off the phone with the recruiter with Carolina Logistics. Do you have experience they pay $0.60 a mile on 1099. You have to start a business within 30 days to have yourto have your pay direct deposit. They charge you 140 a month for insurance. She said they pull a DAC but they don't really look at it too much.

5. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    From Kate

Firstly, we have recently started to require a Tanker endorsement. Thereason being is FMCSA started to requiretanker endorsement whenever drivers haul any kind of barrels or totes with liquid in the trailers. We can provide you with the CDL manual to study for the test. Since it is only a couple pages long, we hope it won't cause you a lot of trouble to obtain tanker endorsement.- Is not required to start with us.

Secondly, we require an Occupationaland Accidental Insurance. It is $140 per month and that covers up to a million dollars in medical expenses in case of an accident and a $300,000 life insurance policy. This will be deducted from the first paycheck of the month every month.

Also, all of our drivers at Carolina Logistics are Independent Contractors. This means that you will need to open an LLC (limited liability company) or other type of business. We do not take out your taxes so instead of a W-2 you will do a 10-99 at the end of the year. You will have 30 days once you start working for us to open up your LLC. We have someone in the company that can assist you with the opening of your LLC or you can do it at the secretary of state office.
    [​IMG]
    In addition, as a new company driver you will need to pay Security Deposit(paid by all new company drivers). Security Deposits is deducted from the Driver’s payrolls - $100 per Settlement. $2,000 is a deductible for Damage purposes. If you leave the company, this money will be refunded within 45 days if no Damage or Policy violations were involved.

6. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Update on my update. Carolina cargo is now Carolina cargo and freight expeditors. Looks like he says all the run is psp and dmv

7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    All new company driver will be 1099.

Just ####.

Vasoline or KY jelly should be thread title. IRS needs to shut these low rent pukes down.

8. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    I don't agree with the 1099 aspect of it but they do serve a purpose in our industry. Look at these two companies and a few of the other ones. If you screw up in our in our industry you have and should have consequences beyond the feds. It's kinda a form of our own punishment system. You mess up and no one will hire u because of what again?? TIME... So you go get used and learn or should learn not to f*** up again. But that we're the shady ones come to play. I have chatted with a few CPA and they all say the same just do an LLC and you should be able to make a little more than W2. Mind you that's all depending on several factors. I have done 1099 before and it worked out really well doing it under my own llc. But that's just this driver I can't speak for anyone else's experiences. Time as I have said is the only real cure for some in our world. I read post after post asking the same things and it's like a bunch of baby's crying and #####ing.. man the f*** up and do what ya gotta do. Just saying... you gotta work #### 1099 to get someone else to trust you then f****** do it.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which company?

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do they still hire felons? What else did you find out?

11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Uhm no it is a violation of tax and labor laws. It drives down rates allowing companies like this to operate.

They keep shutting this types down, keep levying fines against them, and they keep popping up. In my opinion they should start jailing these people and seizing their property.

ColdSnap Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.