Difference between Carolina cargo and Carolina Logistics

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davidajhamlin1983, Sep 12, 2018.

1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    The one with the email saying you have to become your own company and in the last sentence all new company drivers have to have a deposit.

It is another 1099 scam outfit. Just like the Chicago bunches. They are trying g to cover their ### legally with this smokescreen of an LLC. Sooner or later they will bust them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davidajhamlin1983

Davidajhamlin1983 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    @Chinatown Carolina cargo.. yes they do. Pay also is different. .27 a mile paid all miles. They use hireright but only pull your psp and mvr through them..

4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    If it's a 1099.. one benefit is that you'll still be able to deduct your daily meals and expenses allowance that company drivers lost this year.
    On 300 days gone, that's an extra 15k deduction on top of your 12/24 standard deduction.
    That's a plus.
    You'll have to be very diligent with your SELF tax withholding.

Also.. why do YOU have to pay for their cargo insurance ?
    $140/mo is not a lot.. about 60 miles per week for free, and you get to deduct that as well.. but

Nolelover61 and Davidajhamlin1983 Thank this.
  5. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    But??? Waiting lol you have me interested in the but part lol

6. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    @Davidajhamlin1983
    A cliffhanger, I guess.

Left for interpretation.
    That may be a deal killer for some.
    Just have to weigh your options and whether you think that $140/mo is worth the opportunity provided.

7. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Definitely i would never go with Carolina Logistics. 1099 has to many issues for sure. Carolina cargo is different tho.

8. Farmdog

Farmdog Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2018
    If this is for Damage purposes, what does a policy violation have to do with it? If the policy says you can’t wear a hat while driving it will cost you 2k to go to another company since you wore a hat?

9. shadowchasertransport

shadowchasertransport Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Tybee Island.Ga
    I don't care how bad your record is you should NEVER PAY A COMPANY TO WORK FOR THEM AND MKE THEM MONEY.

10. shadowchasertransport

shadowchasertransport Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Tybee Island.Ga
    why would a driver have to get an LLC you don't need an ein # to receive 1099. I must assume whomever you have there to assist people with the LLC process must get you some kind of kick back. It doesn't make sense to require an individual to form an LLC that cost about 400.00 plus... Just to haul freight for you. Please explain?????

11. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I no this is an old thread but it caught my eye.I guess in reality second chance companies are ok if you take advantage and build a good record to move on.Companies like these are taking advantage of your mistakes but I would think they have to justify ways to pay higher insurance policy’s for the driver there hiring .One thread was contradicting itself say all company drivers had to set up a llc.dont how they can classify a company driver if there saying your an independent contractor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.