Different places, New Highways

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by Wildkat, May 1, 2008.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Wildcat!!!

Those photos are SUPER!
    And so are YOU for posting them.
    YeS you are.
    :yes2557:

I've been following the Ice Road Truckers series on television, and Tougher In Alaska.
    Your photos are even better than those series show, and makes me appreciate what'cha do even more.

IMO, your photos are a MUST SEE by ANYone contemplating Big truck truckin'.

OH!
    BTW ------ it was me who requested that the dash gauges be included in the photos, but I was thinkin' more along the lines of including them along with the out the windshield photos --- to get a better idea how you're approaching situations. If we could see the speedo and tach, it'd give us an idea exactly what'cher doin' and how you're doing it.
    This is NOT A COMPLAINT!
    Quite the opposite.

My ONLY complaint with your photos is tryin' to decide which one I'm gonna use for my computer wallpaper.

Wildkat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cat 500

cat 500 <strong>"Kitty Cat"</strong>

Oct 24, 2007
    florida
    The scenery ones are just beautiful. They would make awesome wallpapers.:yes2557:

4. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    great,great photos!!

Wildkat Thanks this.
  5. Wildkat

Wildkat <strong>Arctic Mistress</strong>

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Well, AfterShock, I'm not just quite sure how I'd handle that one, cause usually if I'm doing something like shifting or something I'd have to have BOTH hands busy! :biggrin_255::biggrin_255: So until I grow an extra hand...

Maybe when my daughter comes I'll see what I can do!

As far as the pictures, I could probably send you a link to an album & you can choose from the 100's I have taken & make a slideshow of them.

6. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Ok, here's a link to an album I created. The photos are unedited, so some may be out of focus or generally not the greatest. Feel free to download any that you wish.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/katparadis/Public Album/

Please remember these are MY photos so please do me a favour & keep them for your personal use.

Baack, dollylama and AfterShock Thank this.
  7. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    hey kat, thanks for the thanks! i wish i was up there seeing all that in person! its cool to have the photos! do you drive by your self or do a few trucks run together? ever stop at night and have a campfire and enjoy your
    heavenly surroundings? i dont think i would ever leave! thanks again for the photos. Len

8. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Most welcome! :biggrin_25525:

I am a linehaul driver so mostly I am alone when I'm on the road. For one I run mostly at night...well let's say I START at night.. :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

My runs are tightly scheduled, so there's not much time for anything but to get the job done. Edmonton (my home terminal) to Whitehorse is 2522 miles round trip & that is done in 66 hours. Doesn't leave much time for anything but to drive & sleep. And before anyone starts about HOS, ours are different up here...13 hours of drive time to the 60th parallel then its 15, so yes, it is legal! :biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

Yes the country is stunningly beautiful, but you have to remember...summer...well spring, summer & fall is only about 3 - 4 months long...the rest is WINTER! Last year we got our first snow Labor Day & the snow was finally gone May 15, thats 9 MONTHS of winter! And in the far North they can be BRUTAL, but it's all what you get used to. At least the terrorist (tourist) :biggrin_25525: season is short!

9. Biker

Biker Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    What's that funny looking white stuff on the ground in those photos?? :laughing-guffaw:

10. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    :biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

11. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    Wow! Amazing scenery. You've got me wanting to drive in Alaska, now!

Not on the frozen rivers, though. I'm too much of a chicken for that. Snow, fine. Ice, I'm pulling the truck over.

Course, I'm still fairly new at this. Maybe in twenty years I'll be quite bored and driving on a frozen river will sound like a cool challenge.

Doubt it, though. That takes more skill than I have.

Beautiful pix. Thank you for posting them.

Wildkat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.