Dipole antenna

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Chris M., Jan 22, 2020.

1. Chris M.

Chris M. Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Tater State
    Ok I read somewhere on the web either here or another forum about using 2 4ft antennas in a dipole fashion on the back of the sleeper. I have one of those lame trucks with the amazing cb mounts that have poor ground etc. Soo has anyone tried this or could elaborate a bit on how the antenna pointed at the ground being the “ground” for the antenna works and how you would do it? I understand what a dipole is I’m just curious how to set it up actually. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chris M.

May 27, 2010
    Tater State
    I decided to build a mount this afternoon. I have not mounted it yet but will let everyone know how it works. Basically this would give me the option to run the ground solely through an antenna facing down as long as I Isolate the mount. Or I can try to run just a 4-5 ft whip and try grounding it on the back of the sleeper which is metal

Attached Files:

4. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    That sounds like a good plan to me. A lot of folks have done well with the dipole configuration. Keep us up with how you do.

Chris M. Thanks this.
  5. Chris M.

May 27, 2010
    Tater State
    Thanks, I’m actually kinda excited to try it. I don’t think I will have it mounted this week though. Been a bit busy with some maintenance and installing a new bunk heater.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.