Directions?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by GreenPete359, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    .. Maybe get a different atlas.. my atlas shows restricted roads in the NE..

GreenPete359 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    1st job was food service in NYC cured my fear real quick. I won't lie tho if im going to an unfamiliar place in north jersey my anxiety heightens Lol. Big sigh of relief when I finally pull the buttons

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    As soon as I got my IFTA decals in the mail, I headed to the NE. Nothing up there a dump valve and some common sense can't handle.

Different than the 2021 Deluxe Rand McNally, spiral bound with laminated pages? Read my post again. My atlas also shows restricted roads in the NE. About 1% of them. Soooo useful.

5. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    My GPS has tried to F me over multiple times. It is really good for telling you which lane to be in for whatever exit is coming up and a decent idea of how long it will take to get there. But I don’t trust it alone for routing. It is definitely a tool so why not use it if you confirm the route is good.

GPS
    Atlas
    Google Earth and Streetview (great tool if the address was around when google drove around filming)
    Cell Phone
    Whatever helps get you there safely

I would also not hesitate to ask on here if there is a choice of routes to where I was going that may have some interesting terrain and needed some advice. But then again since it is a trucking forum be prepared for a long debate on whether you need a 10, 13, or 18 speed to make it there safely lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.