Disaster Preparedness

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Robbvious, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    That guy's toast.

He seemed hell bent on staying attached to that trailer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Squirel

Squirel Crusty Critter

Feb 8, 2012
    San Fernando,CA
    He deffinately is!
    I tried to see the name on his truck but it was blurred out.
    Cant imagine him loading up his tractor like that is very comfortable with 2 ppl in it. Let alone the weight.

4. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    theres being prepared and there is being a freak show....i myself am a prepared person..lol

tommymonza Thanks this.
  5. Robbvious

Robbvious Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    JanesVegas, WI
    Didn't she say that they had 6 months of food stored in the truck? I can't figure out how that could be. I have about 6 months worth of 2000 calorie per day food stored, and it takes up tons of shelf space in the basement.

6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I'm somewhat prepared at home for the zompocalypse (hey, it makes as much sense as anything else!) as far as basic weapons, food, and water supplies.

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to explain a 32" machete as a "necessary tool" on my rig.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  7. Robbvious

Robbvious Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    JanesVegas, WI
    LOL! There are many forms of personal protection smaller than your machete, but I think that's outside the scope of this discussion...:biggrin_25521:

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Would appear to be something afoot.

750 million rounds of hollow points. Ordered by Fed.

Anyone want to guess who is the target?

Do I need to remind what ammo is restricted in battle of foreign troops? By the Geneva Convention.

But.... Perfectly legal for use within our borders. On the population.

9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    You can only defeat zombies by destroying the brain (Romero rules). Machete stands up better to constant thwacking of rotting skulls than any other long bladed weapon (sword, long knife, etc.). Plus, useful for camping out.

And doesn't need ammunition or frequent cleaning like a firearm.

As far as "disaster preparedness" in a big truck, I carry food, clothing, and appropriate weather related gear. Would prefer to keep the truck as long as possible (and I bet my boss would appreciate that!). But I'm also prepared to use the old "shoe leather express" if I have to.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  10. oldmack

oldmack Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    philadelphia, pa
    I saw that guy on preppers and was thinking about the stupidity of going on National TV talking about all the guns and ammo you are carrying around. He could have carried on flying under the radar but now any law enforcement that saw the show can find out who he is and intercept him.

11. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Just thought I would post up pics of my modest GHB(Get Home Bag). This is the bag I keep on the semi just in case. As long as we don't have an EMP attack that knocks vehicles out, I highly doubt I will need this bag, except the duct tape, we hit a deer and used the duct tape one night to keep the hood together, which is probably why there are 2 rolls in the bag now.

[​IMG]
    Camping Pots and rope
    [​IMG]
    Tarp (shelter, army survival guide, and water filtration bottle
    [​IMG]
    Mountain house meals
    [​IMG]
    Dry bags, duct tape, filtration bottle, and an extra water bottle
    [​IMG]
    Compass, water tabs, and vitamin c(people say it makes the water taste better after treating it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bug Spray, candles, and matches
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2 knives, dust mask, knife sharpener, magnesium fire stick, reflective dealies
    [​IMG]

The bag is no where near as complete as it should be. I need to add some binoculars, cotton balls with petroleum jelly wrapped in aluminum foil, zippo, zippo fuel, and zippo flints, bear spray, just to name a few things that I plan to add. I think I would need to put that stuff in a separate bag at this point this bag is full. I have tools, bottled water, weather appropriate clothes, sleeping bag, zip ties, bungee cords, maps, personal hygiene products and much more on the truck at all times that I would take with me in a EMP SHTF. This bag is also not meant for long term survival its goal is to get me home. I wish I could carry a firearm, but it is against company policy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.