Disc Brake Conversion??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by areelius, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Yes, I do love the brakes. I also love the 3.08 and 13 speed swap even more. I’ve got almost 150k miles on the conversion. Can’t see the splice. It’s all been ground smooth and metal worked.
    Thanks for the compliment though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field

Yeah I was trying to buy late 2020 and early 2021. Orders were a year out and a lot of places were only giving out rough quotes because everything was changing so fast. Heck a couple of places wouldn’t even take an order unless I was ordering 5 or more at a time. Finally bough an in stock trailer I picked up at the manufacturer. What do think the going rate for an upgrade during an order cost? 926DA989-4A4D-4A5A-AAC2-1118D944A98B.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  4. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I agree. If they truly cared they wouldn't be so quick to jump on the electric school bus band wagon like many are

5. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Panic stops? Drums have the power to lock every axle except the steer on a dry road. Reminds me of the time in 2004 I came over the crest of a hill in a 55 zone and half way down 100 yards ahead was a farm tractor sideways in the road stopped talking to a friend. I flat spotted every tire on that truck in order to not hit him. Drum brakes work fine for panic stops. Disc brakes are great for idiots who don't know how to use a jake on long hills.

6. scoobertdoo

Nov 11, 2020
    What, you have a problem with children bucked into a bus that is on fire after the pack went up because of a defective cell? I mean, the best kids go to school in the back seat of daddy's suburban.

7. Derailed

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Unless we strap Mr Musk to one of his rockets and fly him to the sun, Daddys Suburban will be electric to

8. scoobertdoo

Nov 11, 2020
    Musk doesn't make laws. I would suggest making Winnie the Pooh, leader of china, angry at Washington DC and California so they nuke them. That should put this crap back a. Way.

9. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Since the invention of cars manufacturers and motorsports teams have continuously advanced brake systems to optimize performance. Drum brakes were used on cars leading up until the 80’s and 90’s when the use of disc brakes started to be more common. Now, most cars, trucks, and SUVs are made with disc brakes because of their superior braking performance.
    Link to the original article:
    Disc Brakes Vs Drum Brakes – Which Are Better? - Drive Cave.

10. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Looks like a good job. How does your abs work? We thought about looking for a disc brake equipped rear clip but had reservations about mating up a 2 channel drum brake truck abs to a 4 channel disc brake rear clip

11. Derailed

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Musk is one of the biggest driving forces behind this whole electrification of the world BS. The politicians are just puppets and those with the most money are pulling the strings

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.