Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by mitchtazz, Mar 24, 2011.

1. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    on the list i see they have all (most) of the models, at least the popular ones, but i dont see the T2000. when did it become the step child of the Kenworth Lineage?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

I think it was this year they replaced it with the T700 pretty much the same truck though.

4. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    the T700 is replacing it

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

The T700 is KW's new Version of U G L Y

6. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Thanks for the heads-up, I saw your post and added the t2000. The models listed in the forum descriptions were just taken from the current line-ups on manufacturer sites, plus a few older ones that I remembered off the top of my head. If you think of others that were missed, Kenworth or otherwise, let me know and I'll add them.

7. YukonTrucker

YukonTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Whitehorse Yukon
    C500 is another one missing

8. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    wow, i didn't even know that.. i'm bout to be driving a classic in a few years :) i hope they keep making parts for it though, cause i dont plan on trading up for a while.

9. Displaced Yooper

Displaced Yooper Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    I just bought a 2006 T2000 In January. At the same time, a guy I know was picking up a brand new T700. When we compared trucks, it became very apparent that the T700 is nothing more than a T2000 with a different hood & no visor. Dash is identical, Sleeper was pretty much the same. I have no worries about getting parts for my truck for quite a few more years.

10. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    that's good to know.. quick question.. does your cb work in your truck?? mines powers on and i can hear drivers with really strong radios, but i can't hear the average guy or talk to hardly anyone.. the only time i've been able to talk to a driver was when he had the front door and i was about a trailer length away from him.. it worked fine for about a good three hours (ran from Baton Rouge, La to Mobile, Al) then he couldn't hear me anymore, just when i keyed the mic.. Everyone is saying the T2000 has a junk set up for a CB and i need to do an "OutBack Bracket" but i want to keep the stock look, and i see plenty with out the "OutBack Bracket". I'm kinda wondering if i should just get new mounts to replace the 10yr old ones i have now.

11. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

When CFI ran nothing but T-2000' they had that same prob,,,u need a better ground

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.