dispatch / routing software/ mobile app for small fleet

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by turboguy, Mar 10, 2018.

1. turboguy

turboguy Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    hey guys

Im looking for a dispatch / routing software for a small fleet (2-4 rigs) where I can create dispatches in the office and then the trucks would be equipped with tablets that the dispatches and routing would be sent to

Does such a solution exist under $5000?

What solutions do y'all suggest ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I'm using Mystc for my 3 trucks. It's web based so i can access it anywhere i have data. It doesn't have a mobile app yet but that's in the works they tell me. Setup is pricy at $500 and then it's around $40 per truck a month.

When i create the load in the system it gives you the option to send via email a dispatch sheet to the driver that's got all the information on it.

turboguy and taodnt Thank this.
  4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’m using Tailwind right now. It’s 69.00 per user, not per truck, and it has an app to send load info to drivers. They can send arrive and depart messages from the app. Completely web based.

turboguy and taodnt Thank this.
  5. turboguy

May 16, 2015
    thanks guys for the the responses I prefer a software based solution if there is one.

I definitely need to have a system that communicated between office and tablet in the truck.

Ideally where I can create a dispatch with multiple LTL drops / picks and send it to the driver's tablet he clicks on it and automatically routes him

6. turboguy

May 16, 2015
    neither has mobile apps to communicate through but Ive been testing out Truck Logics and Trucking office its tough because I like certain aspects of each if only there was one that combined all of the features

7. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    You might

Maybe Pcmiler might have a solution for you.
    They are software based That allows customizable routes.
    Im not sure if you can do what you want though. They're pretty spendy though, up near your 5k.

8. jaxwinner

jaxwinner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barton Arkansas
    For 3-4 trucks just save your money and use google maps.

turboguy Thanks this.
  9. turboguy

May 16, 2015
    yeah thats what it looks like Ill do I was hoping there was a turnkey solution that sends Invoices, BOLs and routing to the driver's tablet but it looks like theres not

10. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I use trucklogics.

turboguy Thanks this.
  11. turboguy

May 16, 2015
    Ive been trying out the demo for trucklogics and like it a lot its nice that they auto populate invoices, load rate confirmations etc

I figured out the proper way to assign multiple loads to a single dispatch/ trip # which was the big hold up for not using it... if only they had an app that integrates with the driver's tablet / phone that would be for routing and updates that would be perfect

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.