Dispatcher's Calling???

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by scotty, Dec 12, 2009.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    And if the message is to inform you of cancelled pickup or to give you a chance at a new better paying load ....?
    I once picked up a load in VA going to KY . After 4 hours driving I got a message the load had to go back to the shipper . Delaying answering that message would have been costly .

AfterShock Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

I get paid for turn arounds at the point I turn around(by zip code).If it has to go back somebody screwed up,that person was not me.

As for better paying loads,well I guess I could lose out.However I will not pull onto a shoulder,off/on ramp or otherwise place myself in danger due to lack of planning on others part.And I wish those that do would knock it off:biggrin_25510:You are creating a hazard unnecessarily for the very company that will fry you gonads for getting rear ended pulling out onto the road at below posted minimum speed. :biggrin_25513:

4. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    Why would that have been costly? I mean the shipper doesnt know where the load is, your company does because of the qualcom, they may have requested a cancelation at a certian time but if the message doesnt make it to you, that is not your fault, and you did show up, you did do a job, so they are obligated to pay you weather the load goes all the way, or if it goes back to where you picked it up.

They just cant say oops bring it back and not pay you for bringing it back. Once a load has shipped it has shipped.

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I was 200 miles into an 800 mile run . This was a dedicated tanker . After I went back and unloaded it went 800 miles back to our terminal . I had deadhead from our terminal to pick up the load . That was enough wasted miles for the customer without adding several hundred more to it and needing another 10 hour break . As it was I loaded 4 a.m. Friday and instead of being off for the weekend first thing Saturday morning I didn't finish my week until Sunday morning . I had a few hours left on my 70 . If I had waited a couple of hours to check the message I wouldn't have made it home for my restart .

6. Florela45

Florela45 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Sounds like ######## that carriers can call MY phone during my sleeping time.wth!!

7. Florela45

Florela45 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2018
    I can't believe this is legal.wtf!!! Phone off.mute sattcom.screw fmcsa who allows this nonsense!!

8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    A long time back I stared making all my calls before I laid down, the the phone was turned off. One dispatcher/boss used to get ticked trying to get hold of me until I told him one afternoon I didn't have time to talk with him then, but I would call him around 2 AM to talk about it. He said don't do that because he would be in bed. I told him he always wanted to call me when I was in bed, so I would return the favor from now on. No more calls from him unless he knew I was awake.

9. Florela45

Florela45 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Yes they do call when at home on home time

10. Florela45

Florela45 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Haha awesome

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.