Dispute over booting a truck at Walmart lands parking enforcer in jail for assault

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Warrior Cat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Funny thing about the story to me is the driver was willing to pay a wrecker to get the truck out of there before he handed that funny looking, Kia driving, truck booting meth head 500 hundred bucks. Lol
    I bobtailed into that Walmart one time to get a case of water and there were so many no truck signs-subject to booting, I didn't even trust to park for ten minutes.

tommymonza and gentleroger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    Until my husband got back into truck driving last year (he drove in the 90s for several years before joining the military), as a regular person with zero knowledge about this industry, I had absolutely no comprehension of the parking issues y'all face.

In speaking with my friends etc about our new life now that he's driving OTR, I realize that the average person honestly has no idea what the job entails. Or any of the problems that go with it. We depend on this industry for everything and have no cognizant recognition of that fact. The milk, bread, car tires, kids shoes, dog food, eye shadow, mini blinds, etc all come on trucks.

I, for one, am a little ashamed that I spent years not understanding how the back side of the supply chain works. It works on human backs yet the public is blind to it. So if Walmart etal want to be dickish about trucks parked even for shopping, then they can do without my consumer money.

4. SOAthor

SOAthor Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tennessee
    Sounds good, and im glad we are all learning more about what truckers have to go through and are NOT paid for......but it does make me curious, where will you shop then ? Does Target have 'Trucker parking here' signs, is there room at Dollar General to Park ?

Opus Thanks this.
  5. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Just look what Wal Mart does at it DC centers with all kinds of room they will not allow you to sleep or park anywhere on it totally uncalled for. I will not spend a dime at there stores because of this. They could care less about the drivers wait times running you out of hours then telling you they could care less get off the property

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Excellent point. Truth be known, Walmart has been the only retailer that sporadically allowed truckers to park.

spyder7723 and SOAthor Thank this.
  7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Currently parked at the Walmart DC in Monroe GA.

8. SOAthor

SOAthor Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tennessee
    Yes and company drivers cant exactly post 'anti walmart' stickers on their 'company' trucks. But assuming your name isnt all over your social media we could post some 'Walmart is anti-trucker' after we have had such treatment.

9. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Idk. I have I hard time blaming Walmart or the property owners. Some of these drivers are filthy as sewer rats these days, leaving all their trash behind, pee and plastic bag bombs everywhere only to smash a gaurd rail on the way out. I drive and don't want to be around these guys either.lol
    Parking is definitely a issue but it's hard to expect Walmart to solve it. I do have a particular distaste for the truck booters as well.

10. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    Our particular town doesn't have a Target, but we have multiple grocery stores including a Kroger with an enormous strip center parking lot and I have seen a few trucks there over night sporadically. (Not sure what if any the specific policy may be though) Our Lowes still allows some truck parking.

I'm perfectly fine buying online from Amazon, Chewy etc for the sorts of things Walmart sells and fortunately, our town still has some independent retailers that we've always supported. Hardware store, pharmacy, clothing, oil changes and the like. I know lots of areas only have Walmart now and are lucky to have that option. But I don't have to give them my cash.

SOAthor Thanks this.
  11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Yeah they are pretty liberal with that lot. Was designed for early arrivals but they will let folks break there. Another one in Texas has parking up front.

Most do not because of the liability and zoning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.