Dissapointed. Need a pep talk/advice

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ptrbilt, Apr 12, 2009.

1. jimmyboy1970

jimmyboy1970 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2009
    southwick,ma
    If it were me i would stick it out,the economy is bad right now and jobs are hard to come by,hang on to the one you have.try to be flexable take any load they offer you.when they dispatch you make sure your dispatcher has a preplan for you if possible.stay the course maybe this how they get rid of the dead wood,they may be trying you to see how far they can push you.the economy will get better the president is doing the best he can ,things will turn around.hang in there dont give up the ship yet.take care and be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Don't leave Crete, you're with one of the finest carriers in the nation. Freight is slow for everyone. Be happy in the fact that they are really working to keep their drivers moving. Regarding your money for the haz-mat why don't you talk to someone in payroll and see what you can get done there? Take care and good luck, I envy you your job there.

4. trunch13

trunch13 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2009
    high desert,ca
    ptrbilt hold on to your job,also find things to do in your truck why you are sitting.Get yourself a bike.Find a hobby.I like to also take online collage class and now you got the time take advantage of it dont just say in your truck and do nothing.

5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I have one small piece of advice, whether you choose to take it, is your decision. Do not listen to gossip. Usually it's either not true from the beginning or it's so distorted by the time it comes to you there is little truth to it.
    While I have no doubt that the person who told you about the 600 drivers vs. loads heard that part correctly, you have to ask yourself these questions. Was it not enough freight for that day? Was it a weekly forcast that they were talking about? What they were talking about could have been something entirely different than the way your friend took it. Also remember that the availability of loads can change in the blink of an eye. Please remember that the sales people are really under the gun to retain and add new customers to keep you guys and gals busy. When you go to the customer, remember this is the company's bread and butter as well as yours. Treat them well. While you're there, see if there is any additional business that Crete might be able to handle and if so, make sure the company gets that information. Some who are reading this probably won't agree with this advice but if it helps any of you get more miles it's well worth the effort. These days it's everyone's job to satisfy the customer.
    Best of luck and be safe. Don't quit!!!

Big Don Thanks this.
  6. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Also try to shop for your food a wal-mart when possible. This alone will keep you from spending crazy amounts of money at the fuel stops.

7. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Just ask your self these questions;

Am I better off WITH a job or would I be better off on unemployment (if you qualify that is)?

Could I pay my bills based on unemployment benefits alone?

How long could I "afford" to be out of work?

Would I even be able to GET another driving job in the current economy?

Answer the above questions for yourself and perhaps you will come to a different perspective about your current situation.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  8. mycorky

mycorky Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Illinois
    Crete is the best company out there. Frieght is slow in the early part of the year anyway...it is just worse this year. Crete must feel it is going to pick up or it would not carry drivers it did not need.
    You need to stay where you are...you have a job and benefits.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  9. jimmyboy1970

jimmyboy1970 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2009
    southwick,ma
    the only thing i can say is hang in there,the grass isnt always greenier on the other side.i'm sure there are alot of fellow drivers that can attest to that.you may go to another company and get less miles.crete is not the best but they are not the worst either.get your 1 year experience in then after that way your options.your never to young to think about retirement.bouncing from company to company is never good,its makes you look unstable to any other prospective employers.things will eventually get better.talk to other drivers from other companies see what they are getting for miles compare them ,you might be better off than you think.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  10. larryh31

larryh31 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Washington, DC 20032
    On Election Day, November 4, 2008, the United States economy was already in the toilet. With unemployment at 6.7%, auto sales down 32% and home foreclosures at an all time high in various parts of our nation. So, how is this President Obama’s fault?

McCain/Palin lost… Get Over it..

Fratsit, homerhardfart and kjpm67 Thank this.
  11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Let's keep the political discussions in the political threads . . . Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.