DL Tickets Affect Eligibility for obtaining CDL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by zachaubin, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Do they know about the tickets? If not than you dont have a job lined up. Looks like alot of tickets and most insurance companys are going to say nope not a new cdl with ton of recent speesing tickets. If for some odd reason they say ok but your so called guarantee job isnt going to pay 30k year extra to cover you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Pull your driving record so your not guessing.
    No one cares what type of car you got your tickets in. That’s no excuse.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    That many tickets that close together, mostly for speeding... Not good... You are REQUIRED to disclose ALL traffic violations that you have received in the last X number of years (cant remember how many) to your employer and they give that info to thier insurance. The insurance Will look at that, and check to see if you are leaving any out, then make a decisions as to whether they will insure you... If they wont insure you... No job... Reguardless of what the employer wants.

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Not to worry. His employer is in Austin lol And he doesn’t have a CDL yet

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  6. The Elite Team

The Elite Team Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I have never heard of points stopping you from getting a cdl. Getting s job yes. Getting the physical cdl, no.

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Get a copy of your MVR, Motor Vehicle Report. The company will know about everything on your MVR and some other stuff if your insurance company jnew about it.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

I had 6 tickets in my old GT (Torino Boss 351 custom) makes for 7 points total (Actually 9 but judge knocked down last one to below 8 where license suspension kicks in, this was with a Class A decades ago) The top end on that thing was a hoot, but more trouble with the law than it's worth. Never mind the trucks back then before computers and internet etc.

Took about three years to burn off the record in the mid 90's and a workaround was to do dump truck work where no one cared about the record or history provided you were there at sunrise and a valid license.

Not like today. Insurance decides who is hired or not. Once you get your CDL you have to do whatever you need to to be a good boy and protect it by not law breaking. Ultimately that was what I had to do. Although knowing now what I learned then I would have done a few more things to that car. Just as well it's gone.

ibcalm19 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.