Do Box Trucks Require CDL?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mike2357, May 25, 2023.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    If you cross state lines over 10,000 gross, you will be required to have a medical card.

born&raisedintheusa and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    Speaking of medical cards, I also forgot to mention something (which I'm glad I didn't to the dot examiner) is that very occasionally (about once every 2-3 months) I wake up feeling short of breath, like my breathing paused for a few mins while asleep, and feel like I'm having trouble getting enough oxygen after waking up, like my airways shrunk a little or my brain wasn't sending the correct breathing signals or something, hard to describe, but I rarely have those attacks. I don't know if that would have been an issue had I me mentioned it.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, that would be an issue and you would have failed the physical.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  5. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    Is that what sleep apnea is? I mean I rarely get it but I forgot what the criteria are for sleep apnea. Definitely won't mention that ever.

6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I know what the issue is. You have a mild case of sleep apnea. I have had this for along time. Even had this as a young man in the Marines. It is nothing to worry about unless you do not check it out. If you get tested and get a machine and learn how it works, you will think you are young again. You will wake up not feeling tired. Get it checked out , it will be beneficial for your health.

tarmadilo Thanks this.
  7. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    So I seen my mother-in-law asleep for over two days and said she was tired. She had sleep apnea and never used that mask. She was always tired. After the first time I used one I knew this does a lot of good. The reason the DOT guidelines are concerned about is falling asleep while driving. People do not get enough rest they are prone to accidents.

8. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    It doesn't make me feel tired when I get it. I usually wake up restless with it. In fact I usually get it after oversleeping, sleeping beyond when I should have woken up. Is 1 instance of it every couple months enough to be diagnosed with a medical condition? Definitely not checking that sleep apnea box next time around.

born&raisedintheusa and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.